Do you think gay marriage threatens the future of humanity?

The Pope, the leader of the Catholic Church, has said gay marriage "threaten(s) human dignity and the future of humanity itself." Do you agree? Personally I think it's time this charlatan was locked up like Richard Dawkins suggested.

Link: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/01/10/pope-gay-marr...

Favorite Answer

Why do you bear false witness against your neighbor?

The Pope's speech did not even mention homosexual or gay marriage.

Read it for yourself: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/spe...

By the way, your link does not work.

With love in Christ.

• Misty

Yes, I agree with the pope. I feel that if anyone should be locked up it should be Richard Dawkins...talk about a charlatan!!

Gay marriage...not gay people, threaten the future of humanity. This is because the Church understands that we were created with divine purpose. Sexual intimacy and procreation are one and the same. You cannot remove procreation from the sex act, to do so is a sin. This is what the Church has always taught.

Marriage is a conduit through which God's grace flows to the couple and their children.

1. The Catholic Church understands marriage between a baptized man and woman to be a sacrament, a visible sign of the grace that God gives them to help them live their lives here and now so as to be able to join him in eternity.

2. For Catholics, marriage is social as well as religious, but its religious.aspects are very important.

Since the Church sees marriage as holy, it believes it must be treated with reverence. It also recognizes that marriage is basic to the health of society and therefore a public institution that must be defended against harm.

Marriage is a public institution. Consequently, proposals that could harm the institution of marriage must be subjected to the same sort of objective analysis that we give any public policy question. Marriage is not just a private matter of emotion between two people. On the contrary, its success or failure has measurable impact on all of society. Rational analysis yields solid, objective reasons for limiting marriage to one man and one woman-reasons anyone can agree with on purely secular grounds.

http://www.catholic.com/documents/gay-marriage

The pope is a fatalistic homophobe. What else do you expect from a former member of Hitler Youth?

If the only reason for marriage is procreation, then he should be speaking against the union of the elderly and infertile as well. Besides which the planet is over populated already.

Me, I'm not taking sex and relationship advice from someone who's never had sex or a relationship.

think of of it in a logical experience if each and every person became gay mankind would improve into extinct..... so because it incredibly is probably why he's against it i'm a christian and in my opionion i ought to care much less who different individuals have intercourse with it incredibly is for God to attend to them for my section and not his babies.... additionally the pope is evil and Catholics have a faux faith they do no longer serve jesus Christ they serve the worldwide, The virgin mary, and the saints and lie to thousands of people from God our writer i know each and every person isn't gay i'm no longer stupid i became asserting if each and every person became gay in the worldwide mankind would give up to exist it incredibly is hassle-free good judgment a 5th grader can discern that out!

• Ra!

How on earth can this threaten humanity? There have always been gay people,until now they have not been able to marry. Gay marriage, by it's very nature, is hardly going to produce more gay children. The pope is deranged.

No. They're already gay. What would their ability to marry change? It seems to me that religious leaders are under the impression legalization of gay marriage will have the masses saying "Ya know, I think I'd like to try out that gay thing everyone is talking about."

Gay marriage poses no threat to my straight marriage (or the future of humanity).

Since the pope married a church - and is celibate, I'm pretty sure I don't care what he has to say on the subject.

Source(s): Agnostic/Atheist - Straight but not narrow.

I think ignorance and intolerance are more of a threat than gay marriage could ever be

No it doesn't. Two gay people being together affects no one in a bad way. People come up with arguments that procreation is not possible, but it is. And, the chances of having a homosexual child within these relationships, is no higher than in heterosexual relationships.

Gay people are harmless, honest lol

It helps humanity!!!

We are using up all our resources on the planet and polluting the whole planet at the same time because of overpopulation caused by religion- anti-abortion, anti-gay, right-to-life, be fruitful and multiply, etc, etc, etc...

The Catholic church is the biggest organization of pedophiles on the planet!! They should all be locked up, including the pope!! I'm Serious!!

Homosexuality is normal, natural, and good. It's found all throughout nature. It's one of natures natural ways of controlling overpopulation.

Take a look at this Award Winning book!-

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Biological-Exuberan...