? asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 8 years ago

Nikon D 3100 v/s Canon EOS 1100 D ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, these are the two most popular entry level DSLR cameras. Differences have been debated in numerous reviews and in a few THOUSAND questions here (most of which were better worded).

If this is your entire question all you are going to get is some meaningless personal preferences. And here's mine:

Nikon D3100!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Canon EOS 1100D SLR

with Kit (EF S18-55 IS II)

Rs. 29090

Canon EOS 1100D is an advanced and affordable camera that encourages DSLR beginners with its user friendliness. The high performing DIGIC 4 image processor allows you to freeze fast paced action and take remarkable images at 12.2 megapixels. Built with the APS-C CMOS sensor with dimensions of 22.2 x 14.7 mm, this DSLR camera has an aspect ratio of 3:2. The Canon EOS 1100D has a noteworthy feature of recording videos in HD at 1280 x 720 resolution (30 or 25 fps).

Good choice with all features, good overall performance and is value for money product.

=====SM=====

• BriaR
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

With full acknowledgement to Jeroen!

Yes, these are the two most popular entry level DSLR cameras. Differences have been debated in numerous reviews and in a few THOUSAND questions here (most of which were better worded).

If this is your entire question all you are going to get is some meaningless personal preferences. And here's mine:

Canon EOS 1100D!!

• 3 years ago

Biased critiques? - certainly. i'm a Canon guy and continuously propose what I very own and understand. I quite have 2 Canon dslr cameras, the 1000D and the 500D, the two are magnificent. as a remember of actuality you won't be able to pass incorrect with Canon products regardless of kind. basically my opinion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

D3100 more or less competes with the 550D, and they are priced at around $600. 1100D gives you one stop lower ISO, "only" HD video, smaller LCD screen and 2 less AF points.

Here's a DSLR Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/which...

• 8 years ago

On paper the D3100 is better than the 1100D. It is a matter of personal opinion. Go out and try them out, then you can decide which is better.

Hope this helps

James

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.