Your favourite actors and actresses?

Please tell me some of your favourite actors and actresses? And if you can be bothered, reasons why you like them and the best movies they were in?

Also, do you judge purely on acting skill or does personality or even good looks come into the equation too?

BQ: Favourite horror movie?
Update: Thanks for the answers so far! Love them! @monkey socks, I have the same admiration for Mark Wahlberg, he's super hot! And actually, he's not a bad actor at all, underrated I'd say. Mary Elizabeth Winstead I've seen in Final Destination 3, Death Proof and Scott Pilgrim - you're right, she CAN... show more Thanks for the answers so far! Love them!

@monkey socks, I have the same admiration for Mark Wahlberg, he's super hot! And actually, he's not a bad actor at all, underrated I'd say. Mary Elizabeth Winstead I've seen in Final Destination 3, Death Proof and Scott Pilgrim - you're right, she CAN play lots of different types of roles and pull it off! She's so pretty too.

@watch out that bowtie, I love your choices :) I've been a huge fan of Russell Tovey ever since Being Human started. In fact, I have a huge crush on him! I never really got into Matt Smith being Doctor Who, not got anything against him but I did love David Tennant! Sob sob.
Update 2: Some mean spirited goblin thumbed everyone down :(
Update 3: Hello V, thanks for answering! Nice choices, I loved the movie Mars Attacks! I always forget Natalie Portman was in it (except when I'm watching it ha ha). Leo is one of my favourites too. And your horror movie choices are great, I completely agree with your comments about Eden Lake, it left me feeling shell... show more Hello V, thanks for answering! Nice choices, I loved the movie Mars Attacks! I always forget Natalie Portman was in it (except when I'm watching it ha ha). Leo is one of my favourites too. And your horror movie choices are great, I completely agree with your comments about Eden Lake, it left me feeling shell shocked and not many movies have ever done that to me. I'll leave the question open in case you wanna add more :) but don't worry if you don't have time or can't be bothered. Nighty night!
Update 4: Hey kmcryer, great answer thank you. I know you like James McAvoy! I have seen The Last King of Scotland yes. He's brilliant at doing accents too. I loved him in Starter for Ten - which was an adaptation of one of my favourite ever books, he pulled it off! Gary Oldman is just superb I agree. I love the movie... show more Hey kmcryer, great answer thank you. I know you like James McAvoy! I have seen The Last King of Scotland yes. He's brilliant at doing accents too. I loved him in Starter for Ten - which was an adaptation of one of my favourite ever books, he pulled it off! Gary Oldman is just superb I agree.
I love the movie Arachnaphobia :) makes your skin crawl! I love the silly 'jokey' music they play in every scene with John Goodman!!
Update 5: Hey V, thanks again :) I love Michael Fassbender. LOVE HIM!! Have you seen 300? He's one of the spartan warriors in that :) also check out Fish Tank and Hunger. Brad Pitt is also one of my favourite actors, I think he's really terrific.
Update 6: @saturn (is that the correct name?) I LOVE The Changeling, great choice.
Update 7: Hey Tamara :) long time no speak! Great answer cheers :) I like judging boys on their looks too! Ha! (sometimes anyway...)
Update 8: Wow, unbelievable answers! How will I ever choose who is best?! Some really great stuff there, cheers guys :)