emjob
emjob asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Your favourite actors and actresses?

Please tell me some of your favourite actors and actresses? And if you can be bothered, reasons why you like them and the best movies they were in?

Also, do you judge purely on acting skill or does personality or even good looks come into the equation too?

BQ: Favourite horror movie?

Thanks for the answers so far! Love them!

@monkey socks, I have the same admiration for Mark Wahlberg, he's super hot! And actually, he's not a bad actor at all, underrated I'd say. Mary Elizabeth Winstead I've seen in Final Destination 3, Death Proof and Scott Pilgrim - you're right, she CAN play lots of different types of roles and pull it off! She's so pretty too.

@watch out that bowtie, I love your choices :) I've been a huge fan of Russell Tovey ever since Being Human started. In fact, I have a huge crush on him! I never really got into Matt Smith being Doctor Who, not got anything against him but I did love David Tennant! Sob sob.

Some mean spirited goblin thumbed everyone down :(

Hello V, thanks for answering! Nice choices, I loved the movie Mars Attacks! I always forget Natalie Portman was in it (except when I'm watching it ha ha). Leo is one of my favourites too. And your horror movie choices are great, I completely agree with your comments about Eden Lake, it left me feeling shell shocked and not many movies have ever done that to me. I'll leave the question open in case you wanna add more :) but don't worry if you don't have time or can't be bothered. Nighty night!

Hey kmcryer, great answer thank you. I know you like James McAvoy! I have seen The Last King of Scotland yes. He's brilliant at doing accents too. I loved him in Starter for Ten - which was an adaptation of one of my favourite ever books, he pulled it off! Gary Oldman is just superb I agree.

I love the movie Arachnaphobia :) makes your skin crawl! I love the silly 'jokey' music they play in every scene with John Goodman!!

Hey V, thanks again :) I love Michael Fassbender. LOVE HIM!! Have you seen 300? He's one of the spartan warriors in that :) also check out Fish Tank and Hunger. Brad Pitt is also one of my favourite actors, I think he's really terrific.

@saturn (is that the correct name?) I LOVE The Changeling, great choice.

Hey Tamara :) long time no speak! Great answer cheers :) I like judging boys on their looks too! Ha! (sometimes anyway...)

Wow, unbelievable answers! How will I ever choose who is best?! Some really great stuff there, cheers guys :)

• V
    Favorite Answer

Hey Emjob :D

I just wanted to say that I haven't seen a lot of films in my life so my favourite actors and actresses is likely to change and probably isn't an accurate depiction of my taste in actors and actresses. Lovely question by the way :D

To make up for the short amount of actors and actresses that I listed, here's a short list of actors and actresses that I have taken interest in and may become some of my favourites later along with the list of my favourite movies by them;

- Jesse Eisenberg - "The Social Network", "Zombieland".

- Brad Pitt - "Inglorious Basterds", "Fight Club".

- Jennifer Connelly - "Requiem For A Dream", "Blood Diamond".

- Ryan Gosling - "The Notebook".

- Zach Braff - "Garden State".

- Michael Fassbender - "Eden Lake", "Inglorious Basterds". I just have to say, I never noticed him in either of these movies until I looked at them on IMDB.

- Emma Stone - "Zombieland", "Easy A", "Superbad".

Female:

1. Natalie Portman - I have honestly never seen a bad film from her, however I am starting not to like her as much as I delve into more and more films. It's not that I dislike her, she is one of my favourite actors due to her ability to portray the characters convincingly (eg. "Black Swan") and entertainingly (eg. "Closer" or "Mars Attacks!"). Even in a film that I didn't enjoy that much; "Your Highness" she still took the spotlight and was possibly the best actor within that film. My favourite film from her, as you may already know is "V For Vendetta", however "Garden State" is also worth a watch.

Male:

1. Leonardo DiCaprio - Simply because in my eyes, I see him as a flexible and talented actor. From playing a romantic lower-class citizen in "Titanic" to a diamond smuggler in "Blood Diamond". My favourite film from him would be "Blood Diamond", outweighing both "Titanic" and "Inception" (the other two DiCaprio films I have seen), however I do want to see both "Shutter Island" and "The Departed".

BQ: I'd have to say "28 Days Later" overall, however I am a big horror fan so I'll tell you all of my favourites:

"Scream"

"Zombieland"

"Big Bad Wolf"

"Let The Right One In"

"Eden Lake" (truly brutal and disturbing)

"Final Destination 5" (arguably the best in the franchise, I haven't seen the original yet though)

"Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil" (hilarious, bloody and incredibly entertaining)

- Hope you have a good night :D

My Favourite Actors:

1. Rowan Atkinson

2. John Goodman

3. Jim Carrey

4. Chevy Chase

5. Dudley Moore

6. Robin Williams

7. Jeff Daniels

8. Ed O'Neill

9. Jerry Seinfeld

10. Rick Moranis

My Favourite Actresses:

1. Rosie O'Donnell

2. Christina Ricci

3. Molly Ringwald

4. Ally Sheedy

5. Drew Barrymore

6. Amber Riley

7. Cher

8. Kathy Bates

9. Katey Segal

10. Raven Symone

Jack Nicholson- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Chiantown,

Marlon Brando- The Godfather, On the Waterfront

Al Pacino- The Godfather 1 & 2

Meryl Streep- Doubt, Kramer Vs. Kramer

Audrey Hepburn- Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday

Elizabeth Taylor- Giant, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

BQ- The Shining

My favourite actor is Mark Wahlberg. I have to say I like him because he is incredibly hot and gorgeous. I also think he is super talented and can play any role. He also has a great personality and i love the way My favourite films with him in it are fear and the fighter.

My favourite actress is Mary Elizabeth Winstead. She is my all-time favourite ever. I am a HUGE fan. She is so talented and I love all her movies. She does a lot of horror movies but she never plays the same character. She also has been in other genres of films and can play any role. She is also so down to earth and genuine. You wouldn't think she was famous at all because she's so bubbly and normal. I also got a tweet from her once. :) my favourite movie of hers is probably Final Destination 3 or The Thing 2011 but I love her in all her movies.

Favourite horror movie : I am a huge fan of horror films. But I suppose my favourite would be the original The Omen.

Probably going to get a few odd looks for this but;

My favourite Actor is Daniel Radcliffe because he plays in my favourite books series and really gets into character. He's serious about his work and puts all of his efforts into it!

My favourite Actress is either Evanna Lynch because she has unique characteristics. She's open minded and artistic (she help made half of the props she wears, like the Radish Earrings and the Lion Hat). My other option would be Maggie Smith, she's ver hard working. After being diagnosed with cancer she didn't give up, she continued to work her fullest

hope this has helped :)

• Laredo

My all time favourite actor is John Wayne, simply because I am a western fan and The Duke is definitely the western man/cowboy to watch. My favourite film of John Wayne's is The Searcher.

My all time favourite actress is Debbie Reynolds, she is an all round great actress, singer, dancer and comedy part. My favourite film is a tie for first place with Tammy and How the West was Won.

BQ - not really a horror addict, I will watch them if I have to but I do not have a favourite horror film.

Favourite actors:

Christian Bale: American Psycho,The Prestige,3:10 To Yuma

Guy Pearce: L.A. Confidential,Ravenous,Memento

Leonardo Dicaprio: What's Eating Gibert Grape,The Aviator,The Departed

Benicio Del Toro: Traffic,The Usual Suspects,Things We Lost In The Fire

Val Kilmer: The Doors,Heat,Tombstone

Favourite actress

Cate Blanchett: The Aviator,I'm Not There

I always liked marylin monroe and elizabeth taylor. Taylor first started as a child, in "national velvet" (about a horse that the girl loved more than anything including Mickey Rooney.) And eventually she is discovered as a girl pretending to be a boy. But then she wins the race, or something like that. Then she went on, to be a big star, and quite an actress. In "suddenly last summer," she was really discovered as a knockout beauty, especially that pose kneeling at the beach. Her eyes, I never noticed, although people were always commenting on them.

Marilyn, was always appealing, as the supposedly dumb blonde but she was more the pathetic dumb blonde than anything else. But she got far. And even with the kennedy brothers. BOTH of them.

For actors:

Morgan Freeman - Who doesn't love him? He's great in everything, from Glory to Lean on Me to Bruce Almighty. He even helped raise The Bucket List to a level that was tolerable.

James McAvoy - OK, I'll admit that looks play a factor with this one. He's got the most stunning blue eyes I've ever seen. But he also has serious acting skills. Did you see The Last King of Scotland?

Edward Norton - He's not bad-looking, but he can get by on pure talent. Think Primal Fear and American History X, just for starters.

Gary Oldman - He was quite handsome when he was young, but most people don't think about him in that way. His talent and his roles have carried him this far - Sid and Nancy, The Professional, The Contender, and even the Harry Potter films. I can't wait to see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Gregory Peck - Again, he wasn't bad-looking when he was young, in movies like Spellbound. However, few performances top his Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Alan Rickman - The man is versatile and talented, from Die Hard to Sense and Sensibility to Harry Potter. It's a shame he's never been nominated for an Oscar.

For actresses:

Katharine Hepburn - Looks have nothing to do with it. It's personality - I just want to be her, you know? She was so liberated and ahead of her time. Of course, talent is a big part of it, too. She's great in The Philadelphia Story, but she's indescribably brilliant in Long Day's Journey into Night and The Lion in Winter.

Ellen Page - She has talent, but I think it's more her personality than anything. Anyone who can do Juno and Hard Candy is alright in my book.

Kate Winslet - It's her talent and her choice of roles. I like her in period pieces like Sense and Sensibility, but I also love movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Plus, she defies the super-skinny Hollywood stereotype. I have to admire her for a lot of reasons.

BA: Arachnophobia. I think what scares me so much about it is the fact that could actually happen.

• Jumper

Favorite Actors:

Tom Hanks - best movie he was in is Saving Private Ryan. He always lets the audience feel what his character is feeling.

Harrison Ford - best movie he was in is Raiders of The Lost Ark. He really is a great action hero.

Clint Eastwood - Best movie is million dollar baby. He is always bringing the best out of his characters.

Jack Nicholson - Best movie is the Shining. I just think he is a funny guy.

Favorite Actresses:

Meryl Streep - best movie is The Devil Wears Prada. She can bring a character to life. She deserves another Oscar.

Glenn Close - Best movie is Fatal Attraction. Glenn can be scary, serious, and humorous all at the same time.

Sandra Bullock - Best movie is Speed. Bullock has been in so many movies that I like. Her acting is always flawless.

Rachel McAdams - Best movie is The Notebook. I thinks she is a beautiful and talented actress who seems very nice.

I judge on both acting and looks, but looks doesn't really have a lot to do with it for me.

BQ: Favorite Horror Movie - The Shining