Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 9 years ago

What does "touche"mean?

Please don't copy and paste the definition. :/ I read it and I'm not sure I fully understand. I want "Touche amour" tattooed but I research my tats for a few weeks before actually getting them. Does touche mean like "you won"? I know it has something to do with fencing. What would your personal definition of "touched amour"?

Also: you can write all the stupid "don't get tattoos" crap and ill just look past it. Don't waste your time. I already have tats. Might as well get more

Favorite Answer

You say "touche" to someone that gives you a snappy comeback to something you said (like you and this person are having a debate or spirited disagreement) and you have nothing verbally to throw back at them. It means they won the argument. The term comes form the sport of fencing, when one of the fencer lands a hit on his opponent with his foil.

Touche Meaning

Often used as "Oh touche" taken from fencing when player recognises opponent s smart strike he would , if he s got any bloody manners, say "touche" from french meaning touch Innit,

Touche would be an excellent response. In fencing there is thrust and parry and the point is scored with a legal touch. That doesn't mean you won the match but recognition that your excellent response resulted in a point.

Touched love would be love returned or an excellent response to being loved.

Yes Holly the word means To Touch, but the reason behind the use of the word you seem to have left out. During sword duels often the POINT of the match was conceded when the opponent would simply be touched by the tip of the sword. Being an honorable gentleman of course the one who lost the match after being touched would exclaim TOUCHE to let his opponent know he concedes the match.

"Touche" is a term used in fencing meang touch (from the French toucheur, meaning to touch) used to indicate that "you got me this time". Could it be you saw "touche d'amour" which means "the touch of love"?

In most circles it means "right back at ya".

Man #1 "Youre the laziest bum ive ever met"

Man #2 "Touche"

TOUCHE comes from the verb "Toucher" in French meaning To Touch.

So "Touche" is the action of touching. Or alternatively, "TOUCHE", with an accent on the "e" also means "you got me on that one" as a convincing argument in a conversation.

u get tattoos that so cool :) here's an example of someone saying touche (in lost)

Sawyer: What's your problem, jumbotron?

Hurley: Shut up, red...necked....man!?

Sawyer:...(nods head in approval) touche!

In a way yes in a way no It depend on the way u use it like for me I do sarcasm so in my terms it be like well played or I have to agreed .. Either ways its a good saying so y not tat it on