Alternatives to a pan cover?

The instructions I am reading for making a premade frozen stir fry say I need a pan cover. Is there any household item I could use besdies that. I don't have one right now.

Favorite Answer

If you have some aluminum foil measure the width of your frying pan or pot and add a few inches so it can be folded around the edge. I've done this when I've had too many pots on the stove and it works perfectly fine. You just have to be careful so you do not get burned with steam when removing the foil. Use extra padded gloves.

Good luck now get busy cooking! :)

• caffey

Pan Cover

• ceece

Use a piece of aluminum foil and fit it tight on top of the pan Use a pie pan as a cover..Turn another pan upside down and cover the pan with it, this only works if the pans are both the same size. Or use a plate to cover the pan. All work great in place of a pan cover = )

Make a pan cover from Aluminium Foil or use a dinner plate over your fry pan. Be sure to have a cloth

to pick up the hot plate off the pan and protect your hands from getting burned.

If you want so-called "healthy" do not cook the ingredients!!! There is no sin in eating butter!! It is a very healthy fat that is used as a bread spread and for panfrying foods. There is no difference at all in the calorie counts between butter and oils or margarines. But if you are so danged paranoid about natural fats, toss the whole recipe in the trash and forget you ever read it. Bacon and butter are good natural fats and need to be used as called for. Only a couple of people called for the deletion of natural fats from our diets. But do you know that the incidence of ;heart disease per capita in the population has not changed an iota in the last 50 years since that declaration of fats being bad came down? It was the chemists who made the first oleomargarines that called natual fats "bad" and some doctors picked it up and then more and m ore of them bought into the myth.

Use a baking sheet or pizza pan or anything else you have that's at least as large as your pan. Then use a pot holder to remove the "lid" and stir occasionally.

• ?

If you're using the microwave, you can use plastic wrap or a dish that fits over the top of your pan. If you're using a skillet on the stove top, you can use a cookie sheet.

You can use foil, 2 layers if not heavy enough.