Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 8 years ago

Is this a good setup for a gaming pc?

This pc will be primarily for gaming and entertainment. Is there any component that is too powerful (and therefor expensive) or not powerful enough?

*COOLER MASTER Silencio 450 Black Tower Case, ATX, No PSU, Steel/Plastic

*COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M 850W Power Supply w/ Modular Cables, 80 PLUS® Bronze, ATX12V 2.3 EPS12V 2.92, 6x 8/6-pin PCIe, SLI® Certified, Retail

*GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, LGA1155, Intel® Z68, DDR3-2133 32GB /4, PCIe x16 SLI CF /1+1*, SATA 3Gb/s RAID 5 /2, 6Gb/s /2, VGA+DVI+HDMI, USB 3.0 /2, HDA, GbLAN, ATX, Retail

*INTEL Core™ i7-2600K Quad-Core 3.4 - 3.8GHz TB, HD Graphics 3000, LGA1155, 8MB L3 Cache, 32nm, 95W, EM64T EIST HT VT-x XD, Retail

*COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler, Socket 1155/1156/1366/775/AM3/AM2, Copper/Aluminum, Retail

*COOLER MASTER R4 Excalibur 120mm Quiet Case Fan, 2000 RPM, 85.6 CFM, 30 dBA, 4-pin PWM

*COOLER MASTER ThermalFusion 400 Thermal Compound, Electrically Non-Conductive

*CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) XMS3 PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.65V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC

*EVGA GeForce® GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores Classified 797MHz, 1280MB GDDR5 3900MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, 2x DVI + mini-HDMI, Retail

*CRUCIAL 256GB M4 SSD, MLC Marvell 88SS9174, 500/260 MB/s, 2.5-Inch, SATA 6 Gb/s, Retail

*LG ELECTRONICS WH12LS30 Black 12x/16x/48x BD/DVD/CD Blu-ray Disc™ Burner, SATA, w/ Software, OEM

*SABRENT CRW-UINB Black 65-in-1 Card Reader/Writer Drive, 3.5" Bay, Internal USB

*ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, 7.1 channels, 24-bit 192KHz, PCI, Retail

*COMPUTER ACCESSORY Akust Technology Chassis Silencer Kit

*COMPUTER ACCESSORY 2 x Lamptron Deluxe Black Shakeproof Washer for 120mm Case Fan

*COMPUTER ACCESSORY Lamptron Deluxe Black Shakeproof PSU Gasket Silencer

*MICROSOFT Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Edition w/ SP1, OEM

• Goerge
    Best Answer

DO NOT GO FOR A "true 560". A vanilla GTX 560 is going to perform significantly worse than your Classified and to suggest a move backwards like that is a bit confusing. Your 560ti Classified is VERY nice.

Nice CPU. If your not going to be doing a TON of encoding, CAD, rendering and the like then I would suggest that you go for the 2500K. Exact same gaming performance without the extra $100 for the HT technology that games do NOT utilize. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=287 scroll down for the gaming performance comparisons.

Your case is HORRIBLE. Cases need to breath. It doesn't have any side fans and look like the internals are going to be seriously starved for air. Silencio probably = quieter but unfortunately it looks to be at the expense of airflow. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... will have better airflow and is cheaper than the Silent Case.

Nice Cooler

Nice RAM. I mean if you are going to be attempting some insane overclocking or whatever it is nice but as far as extreme gaming performance go I would suggest 1.5V RAM instead http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... .

AWESOME 560ti

Nice. You went for a perfect sized SSD for your operating system and most used programs and games.

Your OEM DVD/ Blu-ray drive will NOT have the data and power cables. Go for a retail edition if you do not already have the Sata cables necessary.

You seem to be concerned about noise from your fans. Unfortunately it also looks like that case will be choked. You need MORE air going in that going out. Very bad case design in my opinion.

Be aware that if you EVER want to move your HDD over to a new motherboard you will NOT be able to transfer it. Your motherboard has to stay. You can only change out the motherboard if you have a retail version and not the OEM version. I chose the RETAIL version of 7 pro so I don't have those types of restrictions that the OEM OS has. I mean I did snag it from Craigslist still sealed in the box for $70 but it's all in the smart shopping. It was a legal boxed edition from Microsoft and not a pirated or burned copy but anyways overall the build looks like it's going to perform VERY VERY well but that case needs to go.

Go for a true 560, not the Ti. If you've got the money, spring for a 580 or 590 card. They will last longer in terms of usability in new games. There is nothing wrong with the CPU, but I would see if they offer the i7 without the integrated GPU as you will never use it with this rig....

Windows 7 Pro is nice if you ever want to do network backups, access your PC from afar and a few other reasons I can't remember right now..

It looks stable different than some issues. you need to decide for a quad middle instead for the comparable value. you do no longer easily want a valid card except you rather pay interest to the sound. Lite On drives are familiar to end working, i'd replace that too. you apart from mght shouldn't want a 1000watt ability grant, a high quality 750 could be greater desirable than adequate (laptop ability and Cooling is a robust kind.) for a fashion plenty you're spending, you will have the skill to alter to an i7 with out spending too plenty greater, and you will purely would desire to alter your processor and motherboard, and in case you awnt slightly swifter velocity, procuring 2 500GB harddrives and RAID 0 them would be swifter.

I would take a 590 GTX graphic card, but it is expensive. I think you can get better graphic card.

There are also better I7.

You can use 2 ssd for better performance too.

Often Windows 7 Pro is useless, Home Edition is correct and less expensive !