Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Thoughts on "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"?

I just read it for my English class and it is an amazing book. I'm only fifteen so death, getting old and God get to me easily, so I teared up a bit during this book.

My favorite quote from this book:

"Parents rarely let go of their children, so child let go of them. They move on. They move away. The moments that used to define them- a mother's approval, a father's nod- are covered by moments of their own accomplishments. It is not until much later, as the skin sags and the heart weakens, that children understand; their stories, and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones, beneath the waters of their lives."

What are your thoughts on this book?

Favorite Answer

Hi! I love the book, I found it wonderful and I teared up and cried at several parts. I love the quote you just mentioned one of my favourites!

I had an extremely rough childhood full of sexual, physical, mental and verbal abuse drugs and alochol and mental illness and I am lucky to have survived... This is my favourite quote and I am going to get it tattooed because it has a very strong meaning for me:

"All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair.”

I simply love it, it is perfect <3

Hope this helps! xxxxxx

I'm now not definite approximately the five corners, however I do recognize approximately the four corners. If that is what you are watching for, then right here is a few information on that. The Four Corners is a neighborhood of the United States inclusive of southwest Colorado, northwest New Mexico, northeast Arizona and southeast Utah.

Good book

• LilyRT

hated it. i thought it was cheesy, overly-emotional, cliched silliness.

but if it worked for you, more power to you.