How long do perfume scents normally last in general?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Many people assume that some specific brands or categories of perfume like cologne from Liz Claiborne simply last longer than others. This assumption is partly right. The way that perfumes are blended can indeed have a vital impact on the durability of the scent. A perfume extract or eau de parfum with a higher ratio of fragrance to other ingredients will generally outlast an eau de cologne with a lower concentration of aromatic compounds.

The other ingredients in a perfume or cologne blend can also affect how long a fragrance will linger. For example, many perfumes use fixatives to make a scent last longer and have a stronger scent without altering the overall fragrance.

However, the lifespan of the exact same perfume can also vary dramatically from person to person. This is because the specific chemicals of your body react with fragrances in a unique manner. The acidity of your skin or the hormones that you are secreting can influence the longevity and scent of a particular perfume. An even more important factor, however, is how dry your skin is. Moist or oily skin retains perfume fragrances far more easily than dry, flaky skin does.

Finally, the chemicals used in perfumes are very sensitive to fluctuations in the weather. On a very warm day, perfume is likely to dissipate more quickly. This means that the same perfume on the same person can last longer on one day than on the next.

• Login to reply the answers
  • fu
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

the clarification you're thinking it is not lasting is in view which you get used to the scent of it after awhile and would't scent it anymore. yet human beings can. physique spray has a tendency to final for a stable 8 hours. in case you desire to make the heady scent particularly final, prepare your physique spray (or cologne) at cutting-edge after showering/bathing. look ahead to your dermis to dry and then spray as quickly as greater. Or, purchase the physique wash/physique lotion of your sought after physique spray/cologne and layer them mutually. in simple terms be careful to not bypass overboard. Overbearing physique spray/cologne isn't appealing. wish this permits!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Good ones can last up to three days and even more

Bad ones would last two hours

• 8 years ago

I would say 5 minutes mim. Probably around an hour

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Idk cuz some girl sprayed some on me and it still smells like it did 3 days ago >.< and i washed it so pretty long lol..

Source(s): My Shirt!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.