Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How to get better at "Words With Friends"?

I got the iphone game application words with friends, but I'm not very good at it. Is there any methods or things you look for while playing to help you get more points and better words. If you do please say. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

There are many ways to improve you scrabble skill. One easy way is to know word list. For example, you MUST know all the 2 letters word. Then you can go on to some other word list.

You can check this website : http://www.scrabble-word-finder.com/ it has tons of word list to know, and some great tools to improve your skill. I particular the scrabble solver can find the better word. But please use it afterwards not to cheat.

• shir

Try to get your higher point letters on double or triple letter or word spaces, if you get a "u", try to hold onto it in case you get a "q". If you get a q and don't have a u, you can play qi or qis. If you can get a five or more letter word across 2 double word tiles it counts for a lot. If you get a word across both a triple word tile and a triple letter tile, it is also worth more. Try to only use an s to put on the end of one word and make a word ending in that s from the other direction. That way, you get points for BOTH words. A 7-letter word is worth lots, especially if it is on a triple word space. If you get stuck with a lot of vowels, try to use as many as possible in each word you play. Some good words for lots of vowels are: eau, outlie, video. Try to avoid swapping tiles if at all possible because you lose a turn and your opponent can get way ahead of you easily.

Sometimes, when I get stuck, I use a helper like http://www.wwftool.com/ . It comes in really handy if I need a suggestion. And I am learning a heap of new words that I use in other games. So in the beginning I was really using wwftool.com a lot, but now, as i get better, I tend to use it less and less...