Are Kroger and Publix the same company?

As title states, I am honestly questioning this because during the time I was in Florida, I paid a Publix (specifically in Ocala) for my grocery shopping. I moved back into Indiana, Publix not available in Indiana. I do know that the Kroger's here recently have been updated with their new look, but they look... show more As title states, I am honestly questioning this because during the time I was in Florida, I paid a Publix (specifically in Ocala) for my grocery shopping. I moved back into Indiana, Publix not available in Indiana.

I do know that the Kroger's here recently have been updated with their new look, but they look EXTREMELY similar to Publix stores now, that includes on their layout, over all decor, including a sushi bar, Boar's Head, etc.

And I know that Publix is not available in Indiana for a fact, as Publix is located in the southern portion of the U.S. (Tennessee, Alabama, Florida Georgia, South Carolina, etc.)
Update: To those who have answered :

Funny, because according to a friend of mine who lives in Florida, who saw photos of the interior of my Kroger store said that it looked nearly MIRROR to the Publix in Florida. This INCLUDES decor and services available.