Why did God rest on the seventh day of creation? What is the significance of it? Is only for the Jews?

Genesis 2:1-3 "1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested... show more Genesis 2:1-3
"1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

Exodus 31:17
"It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Exodus 20:8-11
"8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Check out this video:

A Day to be Remembered
"In this intriguing lecture, the creation week is presented emphasizing the relationship between the Creator and the creation answering question such as : Who is the Creator? What is the significance of the seventh-day of creation and what impact does it have on our lives today? Was the seventh day a Jewish institution or did ir originate in Eden? An in-depth rediscovery of the day of rest."
http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/11/10...

John 14:15
"If ye love me, keep my commandments."

By the way, why is most of christianity keeping the first day of the week as the sabbath? Interesting. Here are some quotes:

“Question - Which is the Sabbath day?
Answer - Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Question - Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
Answer - We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church, in the Council of Laodicea (A.D. 364), transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.” Peter Geiermann, C.S.S.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50, 3rd edition, 1957.

“Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. ’The day of the Lord’ was chosen, not from any direction noted in the Scriptures, but from the (Catholic) Church’s sense of its own power...People who think that the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy.” St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.

Well, according to the Catholic church, Sunday is their day of worship. If you're not Catholic, why are you keeping it? Simple question. (this isn't really the main question I'm asking. I'd like to know what you think about the video above.)
Update: The Sabbath was not part of the Mosaic law, but the Moral law. The ceremonial law (which Moses wrote) came as a result of transgression of the Moral Law. The Sabbath was instituted at creation. Adam and Eve kept the Sabbath day. Abraham also kept Gods commandments: Genesis 26:5 "Because that Abraham obeyed my... show more The Sabbath was not part of the Mosaic law, but the Moral law. The ceremonial law (which Moses wrote) came as a result of transgression of the Moral Law. The Sabbath was instituted at creation. Adam and Eve kept the Sabbath day. Abraham also kept Gods commandments:

Genesis 26:5
"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws." (was abraham a jew?)

1 John 3:4
"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."

Sin is the transgression of the law. The Law (commandments of God) was there already at the beginning. The Bible says that Lucifer sinned. What commandments do you think Lucifer broke?
Update 2: If the days in the creation story were not six literal days, why does the Bible say that we should work (labour) for six days in the week, and then rest the seventh day. Exodus 20:9-10 "9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt... show more If the days in the creation story were not six literal days, why does the Bible say that we should work (labour) for six days in the week, and then rest the seventh day.

Exodus 20:9-10
"9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:"
Update 3: Are you saying God's Law was made away with. Ok, I'd like to murder your friend, oh and then I'd like to sleep with your wife next Friday. Hmm, I'd also like to Steal your car, and your TV and your house while I'm at it. I don't think I'll break any of the other commandments though... show more Are you saying God's Law was made away with. Ok, I'd like to murder your friend, oh and then I'd like to sleep with your wife next Friday. Hmm, I'd also like to Steal your car, and your TV and your house while I'm at it. I don't think I'll break any of the other commandments though because I still love God too much to do that.

God's Commandments have not been made away with!

Romans 6:15
"15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid."

Romans 3:31
"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid : yea, we establish the law."

1 John 2:4
"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. "