Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

What will be your side-arm of choice for when the SHTF situation inevitably strikes us all?

My personal favorite is the .40 Springfield XDm. It's a match grade barrel, and 16 shells at my disposal. I've got 5 mags for it so I feel that I'm all set.

How about you?

Best Answer

coincidentally enough, my sidearm of choice is the XDm 4.5 .45 ACP, have the trusty Mossberg 500, and am working on an AR-15 platform of some type. ammo and supplies are good to go. those XDms are some great pistols!

• Bryan

I hope you are wrong about the inevitable nature of things going bad. You may be right, however. I have made certain arrangements myself, just to be prudent.

As far as your choice of firearm goes, its a nice pistol. However, its just a pistol. It has limited value. If you get into a situation where you need that short rang weapon, you have probably failed to do what you should have done, which was avoid the threat. If you need to fire more than a few rounds, I don't like your chances at all.

Because of the nature of my work, I do carry a small pistol. One magazine. I am competent with it. If I need more than that, I probably shouldnt have went.

In a situation such as you describe where law has broken down, I would probably take my AK with the pistol as a back up. I would hope that the scary looking rifle would cause the bad people to shy away. That's assuming I had to move at all of course.

I will be carrying my Beretta M9. It is very reliable, I have never had a FTF or FTE in over 3000 rounds. It can use 30+ round Mags.(Unfortunately living in Communist NJ I am stuck with 15). It uses the 9x19 luger cartridge which is one of the most widely available in the US. Stopping power shouldn't be an issue with a nice supply of 124 grain JHP's. Also, considering this is the current US Military sidearm, should make finding replacement parts (if necessary) a breeze.

Phoenix HP22A - 10 mags that's 100 rounds of .22LR at my disposal

its a pocket gun, fits in my pocket easily, highly concealable. very reliable, especially if used with CCI Blazer ammunition. moderately accurate, and if I use the 5" barrel I can even threat it and add a small suppressor there- making it a supressed pistol!

alternatively the S&W 625 in .45 ACP looks very attractive.

Source(s): I'm not the type of guy who needs 16 rounds in the mag. or a very big gun. I'd hold my fire until it's time to shoot, and kill my target in one shot. I don't like blasting off a bunch of rounds. if I wanted that I might as well get a Tec 9 machine pistol.

I'd like to have the same arsenal that Lara Croft Tomb Raider had. A pistol, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, shotgun, Desert Eagle, Uzi, M-16, and some others.

• imaxkr

I personally have an assortment to choose from. It allows for the use of whatever ammunition that may be available, not that I don't have any, just keeps the supply options open.

• John H

I'm not telling YOU, or anyone else, what kind of weapons or defense mechanisms I may employ. That bad guys will have to find out the hard way.

Bersa .40 with a .380 bersa as a back up

Source(s): ^
  • Biba

Don't be such a worry-wart. I don't worry, but I did just get a 22 Beretta Bobcat.

S&W 629. 6".....gallon jugs at 50 yards all day long.

And don't forget the 22 rifle for getting supper quietly.