BETTERcream frosting?

I am making a hommade cake and i would also like to make a homemade BETTERcream frosting, NOT BUTTERcream. If anyone know how to make this, could you please give me some recipies, i tried looking online but i could not find any, is there anothe name for this type of frosting?-Thanks !

• Emu
    Favorite Answer

You can buy the liquid to make Bettercream and whip it up yourself. You find it in restaurant supply stores. This is what it looks like:

http://www.cakestobake.com/articles/kml9876/HowtoM...

The reason it cannot be made from scratch at home is because it has preservatives and emulsifiers and additives in it which would be very dangerous if used in the wrong amounts...they have to be carefully monitored by professionals. You can buy the liquid because all of the measurements have been made and you can just whip it up into the icing.

I have a recipe which is not the same as Bettercream but it is a very light, less sweet, icing which I think you would like ....and it does not have chemicals in it.

WHIPPED TOPPING

1/2 cup boiling water

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1 Tablespoon. Meringue Powder

Dissolve sugar in boiling water, cool completely. Add meringue powder and beat until meringue clings to the beaters, Set aside. In another bowl blend together and then beat for 10 minutes the following ingredients.

2 cups cake & icing shortening or 1 cup cake & icing shortening and 1 cup margarine

1 1/2 tsp flavoring

1 pound powdered sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

When all fluffy, add 1/2 of first mixture and beat well. Add remainder of meringue and mix well.

Bettercream Frosting

• Navlet

You can try this, hope it helps. Buttercream Frosting Using shortening in this recipe instead of real butter makes the frosting much more stable and long-lasting for cookies that are going to sit out a while before consumption. 1 cup Butter-Flavored or Golden Crisco ( solid vegetable shortening ) 4 cups powdered sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 fluid ounces heavy cream gel or paste food coloring (optional) Cream shortening until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and continue creaming until well blended. Add salt, vanilla, and cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional cream a teaspoon at a time if necessary to achieve the right consistency. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy. If desired, divide frosting into several small bowls and stir in food coloring to create various colors of buttercream frosting. Variations: For a pure white frosting, use white shortening and clear vanilla. For a whiter colored frosting that uses real butter but still holds up well at room temperature, use 1/2 cup white shortening and 1/2 cup unsalted butter.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

BETTERcream frosting?

Source(s): bettercream frosting: https://shortly.im/Nw340

This is a really old question, but I don't understand all the downvotes for what seem perfectly reasonable answers to me. I was just told at a cupcake shop that they switched to bettercream. I am so glad they told me because I like to eat REAL food. I make all my own meals and I plan to make my own cupcakes and freeze them for when I want a treat. I know it won't taste as good after having been frozen, but after having studied biochemistry and nutrition, I just can't bring myself to put those fake things in my body.

• M W

It's called Rich's Bettercreme Whipped Icing. It is used by commercial bakers and it's totally fake frosting. Here are the ingredients:

WATER, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL OIL, SUGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, DEXTROSE, *SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING: SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, POLYSORBATE 60, CARBOHYDRATE GUM, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SALT, TO PRESERVE FRESHNESS (POTASSIUM SORBATE), POLYGLYCEROL ESTERS OF FATTY ACIDS, XANTHAN GUM. * NOT A SOURCE OF LACTOSE CONTAINS: MILK, SOY

I don't think you want to make this at home. I'm not sure anyone would even want to eat this stuff. Just make icing with powdered sugar, egg white and vanilla and enough water to make it the consistency you want. Beat it very well so it gets fluffy.

They will are good for health, however if you are asking which is better for diet in cases like this all vegetables would do well

• Linda

A veggie is a plant or part of a herb used as food

It is someone who wrote the recipe's idea of how to make it attractive to people like you who don't know any better or butter??

You can use butter, stick margarine, or shortening to make butter cream frosting. When stick margarine and shortening hit the markets way back before WW2, the companies had to convince housewives to buy this synthetic product rather than to keep buying or making butter. So one of the company's home economist named it "BETTERcream" Frosting.

Now we know that the margarine and shortening are the exact same fat content as BUTTER, and do cause cancer and other illnesses.

Use whatever you like to make the frosting.

***************edit*******************

shortening and margarine has emulsifiers and preservatives in them, also all the ingredients listed by another answerer. Government requirements regulate what is put on labels and all those must be listed individually even if they are just using shortening or margarine.

I have never heard of 'better' cream but maybe icing sugar could be the solution.