My friend is on lorazepam, generic for Ativan, controlled substance & She fills it at Walgreens, employee ste?

An employee is stealing her prescription- not using her insurance just paying for it with cash, She had 2 scripts for it there, they said the lost the first one (they are supposed to keep the hard copy for years here in missouri, 5-7 I think) Anyway, she got a 2nd one, and they said they lost that one too. So this... show more An employee is stealing her prescription- not using her insurance just paying for it with cash, She had 2 scripts for it there, they said the lost the first one (they are supposed to keep the hard copy for years here in missouri, 5-7 I think) Anyway, she got a 2nd one, and they said they lost that one too. So this was over the holidays, and she couldn't go get another from her doctor, until he was back in town, meanwhile being off of it cold turkey, she has been really sick, throwing up and stuff. When her dr got back she talked to him, he showed her she still had remaining refills for up to a year, and she went back to walgreens and apparently one of their employees has been filling it with cash, and she talked to the manager. Can my friend take legal action against walgreens for this? Not keeping the script on location/hand, and then their employee stealing it, for her becoming ill over it and all? Can she prosecute said employee if they find out which one is doing it? Help?
Update: odd job- damages would be getting sick, that would be pain/suffering. And I'm not sure if it would even matter that she couldn't get another one because the dr was out of town, the dr technically isn't supposed to write another one, because the current one was still valid. When it comes to narcotics... show more odd job- damages would be getting sick, that would be pain/suffering.
And I'm not sure if it would even matter that she couldn't get another one because the dr was out of town, the dr technically isn't supposed to write another one, because the current one was still valid. When it comes to narcotics the regulations are a lot stricter- I used to be a pharmacy tech, and we had people escorted out to police cars for it before. And the whole reason for all the pain, and the need for a new one "because they lost it" was all because of the shady employee- employeed by Walgreens. IF the said employee wasn't stealing her prescription- there would be no need to get it from the dr. So I think the fault would be on the employee- not the drs offices being closed for the holidays.
Update 2: Rusty- I was thinking the same thing, I do believe odd jobs is wrong, and the other person saying to give him best answer, is probably the same account. I.e. Same person. I'm also aware that drs won't give out controlled scripts if another dr has already prescribed it too. Then they will think you are... show more Rusty- I was thinking the same thing, I do believe odd jobs is wrong, and the other person saying to give him best answer, is probably the same account. I.e. Same person.

I'm also aware that drs won't give out controlled scripts if another dr has already prescribed it too. Then they will think you are abusing it. I worked at a pharmacy but I wasn't the one who pursued these things. That was the managers job.