Should I read Les Miserables?

I'm a freshmen in highschool. My reading level is above grade level, but I've heard the book is really long and boring.

Favorite Answer

Les Miserables was one of the first so-called classics I read and fell in love with. It was also, next to Dostoyevsky, the book that converted me to being a life-long insatiable reader. I read it shortly after graduating from high school and did find it to be a bit of a challenge. There are a lot of characters and plot digressions. You might be tempted to ignore certain areas thinking they are only random tangents only to find later that they are integral parts to the story. It is long and digressive but I loved it and found it very worth my time.

I think that you should! Yes it was a little bit long but what you get out of reading such a classic is so worth it:)

I love to read and I have to say that the books that are so called "Long and boring are some of my favorites!

Source(s): Me:)
  • YES!!!! "Les Miserables" is the best book that i have ever read! I think it is a shame that so many people do not read it nowadays. Victor Hugo was a complete genius, and he manages to incorporate pretty much every aspect of every life into this masterpiece!

It is a classic piece of literature that is well worth reading. It is beautifully composed. I highly recommend it. It will also help you improve your reading level.

YESSSS READ IT I READ IT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIRD GRADE IT MADE ME LOVE READING IF A THIRD GRADER CAN READ IT AND NOT GET BORED SO CAN YOU