James asked in PetsReptiles · 8 years ago

what snake should i get?

I have a spotted python and i really want another snake. I live in australia so i can't get ball pythons or anything like that. I am interested in a python that is around 5-7 foot. I really like jungle carpet pythons but i have heard that there horrible when handling cause there so snappy. I have never been bitten by a snake before even though i have a spotted python which i have had for over a year. What python should i get?

Favorite Answer

go onto this site- http://snakeranch.com.au/ they have heaps of nice snakes and it has information about them and pictures :) if you buy one in a few weeks you can get 20% off as well :) im getting my first snake of them in a few weeks :D they also ship if you live far away :)

I think if you have enough money you should get a pie ball python i know you said no ball pythons but it is soooooo worth it in the end they are sooooo beautiful and they have the coolest pattern. i personally LOVE corn snakes in general but go for any one. Just for refrence the carpet python is not that bad if you handle it regularly.

Source(s): myself

I would recommend a carpet python, blood python, or a central american boa (not a python but they fit the size range you prefer)

albino burmese python, they get big but they can be handelable just have to work with them at a very young age so they dont get snappy. but any snake can be snappy at a young age you just have to break them out of it. they snap cause they think you are trying to hurt them so you need to show them you wont.

Source(s): reptile dude at a petstore

carpets are great but every snake has there own personality i have had only 1 that has even attempted to bite me an my dad has had snakes since i was born so thats like 12 years of me with reptiles

I think a woma python would be good for you, especially since you live in Australia.

King Cobra