Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 8 years ago

elvis presley vs. michael jackson?

A who is the true king

B who would win in a fight

ok both are called kings,lets take a look at the vital statistics.

ELVIS

HEIGHT ; 6'1"

WEIGHT ; between 160lbs and 270lbs at different points in life.

RECORD SALES ; at least 1 billion and as much as 2 billion

GOLD ALBUMS ; 92 (gold was 1 million sales until 1989)

PLATINUM ALBUMS ; 55

DIAMOND ALBUMS ; 1 (12 million)

ESTIMATED FANS ; 1 billion

NUMBER ONES ; 26

VOCAL RANGE :2 .5 octaves

VOICE ; baritone

CAREER LENGTH ; in the music industry 13 years,in hollywood and music 21 years

OTHER ;second most visited house in america,biggest selling artist in music history,studied karate and boxing for years,played on an ameteur football team in the late 60s.only man to be inducted in to all 4 music halls of fame,classified as a musical prodigy.

RATING OUT OF TEN ; 10

MICHAEL JACKSON

HEIGHT ;5'10"

WEIGHT ;between 105lbs and 135lbs at different times in life

RECORD SALES ;at least 800 million and as much as 1 billion

GOLD ALBUMS ; 12

PLATINUM ALBUMS ;11

DIAMOND ALBUMS ; 1 (29 million)

NUMBER ONES ; 13

VOCAL RANGE ; 4 octaves

VOICE ;high tenor

ESTIMATED FANS ; 1 billion

CAREER LENGTH ; 40+ years,1964 - 2011

OTHER ; tied with the eagles for biggest selling album of all time (thriller),

RATING OUT OF TEN ; 9.9

WINNER ;

A] elvis he has more record sales,more gold and platinum albums,had more impact and influence on the culture and music industry.

B]elvis,bigger,heavier,studied karate and boxing.

what do you guys think,am i right,have i missed anything,what do you think.

people who said michael jackson,did you actually read the stats,elvis won like 90%.

its fact elvis was/is/always will be better.

"elvis presley is the greatest there ever was/is or will be" - chuck berry

"elvis was a great man and did more for civil rights than people know.to say he was a racist i an insult to us all" - ernest withers

"elvis had an influence on everyone with his musical approach.he broke the ice for all of us" - al green

"on a scale ofone to ten...........i rate elvis eleven" - sammy davis jnr.

"elvis had a tremendous talent.his way of looking at a song was as unique as sinatra's.had he lived there would be no end to his inventiveness" - b.b. king

"alot of people accuse elvis of stealing their stage mannerisms,when in fact almost every black artist copied elvis'" - jackis wilson

there'll never be another like that soul brother) - james brown

"elvis was a giant.he influenced everyone in

elvis topps way more 'greatest artist/singer lists than freddie mercury.i am a big freddie fan but he wasn't as good or successful as elvis or michael jackson,and i don't like jackson.i read rolling stones 100 greatest artists,elvis was #3 quenn were number 50,michael jackson was like 30.i read rolling stones 100 greatest singers,elvis was #3,freddie mercury wasn't on it..

"he was a unique artist...............an original in an area of imitators" - mick jagger

“So what it boils down to was Elvis produced his own records. He came to the session, picked the songs, and if something in the arrangement was changed, he was the one to change it. Everything was worked out spontaneously. Nothing was really rehearsed. Many of the important decisions normally made previous to a recording session were made during the session. What it was was a look to the future. Today everybody makes records this way. Back then Elvis was the only one. He was the forerunner of everyth

ing thats record producing these days.Consciously or unconsciously, everyone imitated him. People started doing what Elvis did.”

-Bones Howe, Recording Engineer,

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

-Bruce Springsteen

“...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody’s ear, and somehow we all dreamed it.”

-Bruce Springsteen

“When I first heard Elvis' voice, I just knew that I wasn’t going to work for anybody; and nobody was going to be my boss...Hearing him for the first time was like busting out of jail.”

-Bob Dylan

elvis is a much better singer than freddie mercury.mercury only sang the big queen rock ballads whereas elvis sang every type of music imaginable. blues,rock,pop,rock n roll,gospel,country,bluegrass,love songs,huge ballads,jazz. elvis could sing anything,and sing it better than just about everyone else.

have you ever listened to asong where elvis fully displays the range and power of his voice.

listen to the following songs and tell me whos a better singer

-danny boy

-if i can drean

- trouble

- i brlieve

- king creole.

oh my god.

how do people think freddie mercury was better than elvis.

elvis and frank sinatra are the two greatest singers of all time according to most people you ask.

elvis sang EVERYTHING

even look at his christmas songs as an example.

santa claus is back in town - blues

diamond ring for christmas - rock 'n' roll

blue christmas - country

elvis was a far better vocalist than freddie mercury,and freddie mercury cannot even come close to elvis' success.

elvis has 26 uk #1s and 21 us #1s. he was all about america was he?

why would elvis still be the king if freddie mercury was better than him.elvis is the greatest entertainer in history,his stage presence has never been matched.nor has the variability or adaptability in his voice.the only SINGER to rival him is frank sinatra.

Best Answer

Elvis Presley is the true King

You're wrong about Freddie Merucry. He tops many more polls than Elvis in this day and age. He may have been an influence back then, but these days, many new stars are influenced by Merucry. You're also using Rolling Stone magazine as a comparison when it's well known, and even mentioned on wiki how Queen were unliked by that particular magazine (as they held a grudge because Freddie mocked them)

Quoted from wiki "Rolling Stone magazine has been criticized for reconsidering many classic albums that it had previously dismissed. Examples of artists for whom this is the case include, among others, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, The Beach Boys, Nirvana, Weezer, Radiohead, Outkast and also Queen.

Source(s): My brain of course

I can't agree with "Elvis is a much better singer than freddie mercury" You're incorrect about how he "only sang the big queen rock ballads" but i agree Elvis could sing better than Michel Jackson.

Queen were known for their different styles. I'll put an example of song afterwards.

ROCK; Tie your mother down, Hammer to fall

ARABIC STYLE; Mustapha.

RAGTIME; Bring back that Leroy brown, Lazing on a Sunday afternoon

ROCKABILLY; Crazy little thing called love, Man on the prowl

POP; I want to break free, Radio Gaga, Under pressure, A Kind of Magic

BALLADS; Too much love will kill you, Love of my life.

HEAVY ROCK; The Hitman

FUNK; Staying Power

ANTHEMS; We are the Champions, We will Rock you.

BLUES; My melancholy blues

FALSETTO VOICE;. Cool cat

OPERA; No, not the middle section of Bohemian Rhapsody but instead the entire album with Montserrat Caballé, the opera singer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sang GOSPEL on that album also.

Elvis didn't have the range and voice that Freddie did come on lol. You're being absurd to say otherwise. My brother is an huge Elvis fan, and even he can admit that. Be real man. Respect to Elvis though for his achievements.

• Sorry I would say mj I s the legend of course but Elvis is very good.

Btw the guy who is called happypooch is a gay fag and such a dumby lol

Michael will be always better then anyone!!!! Not just because I'm a die hard MJ fan.. but is the truth!

MJ wrote almost all his songs... Elvis none of them. People like Otis Blackwell wrote his successful songs not Elvis! So he could not invent the rock'n'roll if he didn't created the rock'n'roll!!!

I respect your feelings regarding him.. but in my humble opinion this man is not a king.

“There are two kinds of people in this world: Michael Jackson fans and losers.” -- Seth Green

Elvis is the King of Rock. Jackson is the King of Pop. And Elvis would win a fight, obviously.

Michael Jackson had an OFFICIAL 3,6 octave range. Look it up on the internet!

Vocal range: 3.6+ octaves An unofficial version of 4 (which does not count)

HOWEVER....Freddie Mercury from Queen had over a 4 octave range - which is even noted on Wiki.

In 2005, a poll by MTV2 saw Mercury voted the greatest male singer of all time.

Then in 2009 he was voted the ultimate Rock God, Elvis came number 2.

He topped the 100 male rock singers - Elvis came number 11

Queens Live Aid performance has been voted the greatest live gig time & time again.

Queen have also outsold the Beatles in the Uk.

As follows:

Top 10 Most Successful Acts of All Time on the UK Albums Chart

1. Queen (1,322 weeks)

2. The Beatles

3. Elvis.

Then down to -

10 Michael Jackson

Aside from that Freddie Merucy's song writing ability. Elvis didn't write any of his own stuff, and MJ never once came up with anything like Bohemian Rhapsody, which is widely regarded as the greatest tune of all time and often tops polls also.

The problem with Elvis is he is extremely dated now.

I prefer something more rocky, and it seems I am not the only one. But when he comes to voice - Freddie Mercury wins hands down.

You have to remember that Elvis and Jackson were *mainly* about America which is a bigger country.

But I would put the Beatles above the pair of them too, as well as other people that do. Queen and the Beatles are just plain better music.

"When we lost Freddie, we not only lost a great personality, a man with a great sense of humour, a true showman, but we lost probably the best. The best virtuoso rock 'n' roll singer of all time. He could sing anything in any style. He could change his style from line to line and, God, that's an art. And he was brilliant at it." - Roger Daltrey

"Freddie's voice has so much texture to it. It’s supersexy. He kind of grabs at everything, he squeezes it. He was completely over the top in the best possible way. " - Adam Lambert

"There's so few people behind the glamour who really make it as true performers. It's very strange thoroughbred condition to be a successful musician and still be able to project it with confidence. Freddie had that, and there's not many people who have had it." - Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin

"Someone told me that I might have the chance to sing with Queen... and I was like: Don't ask me twice, mothe*':#ker. I'll be there!" - James Hetfield of Metallica

"They've been the biggest influence on my life." - Gary Cherone

"When I was with Kansas, we toured with Queen on their first visit to the States and became good friends. They profoundly influenced us." - Kerry Livgren of Kansas

“He had theatricality, he was larger than life, new, fresh, cool. This is a god that walks as man.” - Mike Myers

"The biggest band ever." - Joe Elliot of Def Leppard.

"The bright light of Freddie's talent has been so cruelly extinguished... it needn't have happened, it shouldn't have happened. Please let's not let it happen again." - Elizabeth Taylor

"As Freddie loved a spectacle. I think he would have enjoyed it. Freddie was to me the ultimate performer." - Paul Young

"The best band in the world is Queen, definitely." - Matthew Bellamy of Muse

"There's not a single day where I don't miss Freddie Mercury." - John Taylor of Duran Duran

"If I didn't have Freddie Mercury's lyrics to hold on to as a kid, I don't know where I would be. It taught me about all forms of music. It would open my mind. I never really had a bigger teacher in my whole life." - Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses

"I adored Freddie Mercury and Queen had a hit called Radio Gaga. That's why I love the name. Freddie was unique - one of the biggest personalities in the whole of pop music. He was not only a singer but also a fantastic performer, a man of the theatre and someone who constantly transformed himself. In short: a genius." - Lady Gaga

"Freddie Mercury was and remains my biggest influence. The combination of his sarcastic approach to writing lyrics and his 'I don't give a ****' attitude really inspired my music.” - Katy Perry

"Of all the more theatrical rock performers, Freddie took it further than the rest... he took it over the edge. And of course, I always admired a man who wears tights. I only saw him in concert once and as they say, he was definitely a man who could hold an audience in the palm of his hand." - David Bowie

“For me, Freddy is the brightest representative of the era of rock, when people were not afraid to live life to the full. This would hardly ever be repeated. ” -Annie Lennox

"There are some singers that have great technique and then there are those that have a certain quality or style in their voice. Some have both, like Freddie Mercury, but to me, I prefer style over technique."– Ozzy Osbourne

Micheal Jackson

Michael is a legend too but Elvis is the MAN so Elvis all the way.

• Jane

Elvis Presley is the original despite what music genre