Elvis presley vs. michael jackson?

A who is the true king B who would win in a fight ok both are called kings,lets take a look at the vital statistics. ELVIS HEIGHT ; 6'1" WEIGHT ; between 160lbs and 270lbs at different points in life. RECORD SALES ; at least 1 billion and as much as 2 billion GOLD ALBUMS ; 92 (gold was 1 million... show more A who is the true king
B who would win in a fight
ok both are called kings,lets take a look at the vital statistics.
ELVIS
HEIGHT ; 6'1"
WEIGHT ; between 160lbs and 270lbs at different points in life.
RECORD SALES ; at least 1 billion and as much as 2 billion
GOLD ALBUMS ; 92 (gold was 1 million sales until 1989)
PLATINUM ALBUMS ; 55
DIAMOND ALBUMS ; 1 (12 million)
ESTIMATED FANS ; 1 billion
NUMBER ONES ; 26
VOCAL RANGE :2 .5 octaves
VOICE ; baritone
CAREER LENGTH ; in the music industry 13 years,in hollywood and music 21 years
OTHER ;second most visited house in america,biggest selling artist in music history,studied karate and boxing for years,played on an ameteur football team in the late 60s.only man to be inducted in to all 4 music halls of fame,classified as a musical prodigy.
RATING OUT OF TEN ; 10

MICHAEL JACKSON
HEIGHT ;5'10"
WEIGHT ;between 105lbs and 135lbs at different times in life
RECORD SALES ;at least 800 million and as much as 1 billion
GOLD ALBUMS ; 12
PLATINUM ALBUMS ;11
DIAMOND ALBUMS ; 1 (29 million)
NUMBER ONES ; 13
VOCAL RANGE ; 4 octaves
VOICE ;high tenor
ESTIMATED FANS ; 1 billion
CAREER LENGTH ; 40+ years,1964 - 2011
OTHER ; tied with the eagles for biggest selling album of all time (thriller),
RATING OUT OF TEN ; 9.9

WINNER ;
A] elvis he has more record sales,more gold and platinum albums,had more impact and influence on the culture and music industry.

B]elvis,bigger,heavier,studied karate and boxing.

what do you guys think,am i right,have i missed anything,what do you think.
Update: people who said michael jackson,did you actually read the stats,elvis won like 90%. its fact elvis was/is/always will be better. "elvis presley is the greatest there ever was/is or will be" - chuck berry "elvis was a great man and did more for civil rights than people know.to say he was a racist i... show more people who said michael jackson,did you actually read the stats,elvis won like 90%.
its fact elvis was/is/always will be better.
"elvis presley is the greatest there ever was/is or will be" - chuck berry

"elvis was a great man and did more for civil rights than people know.to say he was a racist i an insult to us all" - ernest withers

"elvis had an influence on everyone with his musical approach.he broke the ice for all of us" - al green

"on a scale ofone to ten...........i rate elvis eleven" - sammy davis jnr.

"elvis had a tremendous talent.his way of looking at a song was as unique as sinatra's.had he lived there would be no end to his inventiveness" - b.b. king

"alot of people accuse elvis of stealing their stage mannerisms,when in fact almost every black artist copied elvis'" - jackis wilson

there'll never be another like that soul brother) - james brown

"elvis was a giant.he influenced everyone in
Update 2: elvis topps way more 'greatest artist/singer lists than freddie mercury.i am a big freddie fan but he wasn't as good or successful as elvis or michael jackson,and i don't like jackson.i read rolling stones 100 greatest artists,elvis was #3 quenn were number 50,michael jackson was like 30.i read rolling... show more elvis topps way more 'greatest artist/singer lists than freddie mercury.i am a big freddie fan but he wasn't as good or successful as elvis or michael jackson,and i don't like jackson.i read rolling stones 100 greatest artists,elvis was #3 quenn were number 50,michael jackson was like 30.i read rolling stones 100 greatest singers,elvis was #3,freddie mercury wasn't on it..

"he was a unique artist...............an original in an area of imitators" - mick jagger

“So what it boils down to was Elvis produced his own records. He came to the session, picked the songs, and if something in the arrangement was changed, he was the one to change it. Everything was worked out spontaneously. Nothing was really rehearsed. Many of the important decisions normally made previous to a recording session were made during the session. What it was was a look to the future. Today everybody makes records this way. Back then Elvis was the only one. He was the forerunner of everyth
Update 3: ing thats record producing these days.Consciously or unconsciously, everyone imitated him. People started doing what Elvis did.” -Bones Howe, Recording Engineer, “There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.” -Bruce Springsteen... show more ing thats record producing these days.Consciously or unconsciously, everyone imitated him. People started doing what Elvis did.”
-Bones Howe, Recording Engineer,

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”
-Bruce Springsteen

“...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody’s ear, and somehow we all dreamed it.”
-Bruce Springsteen

“When I first heard Elvis' voice, I just knew that I wasn’t going to work for anybody; and nobody was going to be my boss...Hearing him for the first time was like busting out of jail.”
-Bob Dylan
Update 4: elvis is a much better singer than freddie mercury.mercury only sang the big queen rock ballads whereas elvis sang every type of music imaginable. blues,rock,pop,rock n roll,gospel,country,bluegrass,love songs,huge ballads,jazz. elvis could sing anything,and sing it better than just about everyone else. have... show more elvis is a much better singer than freddie mercury.mercury only sang the big queen rock ballads whereas elvis sang every type of music imaginable. blues,rock,pop,rock n roll,gospel,country,bluegrass,love songs,huge ballads,jazz. elvis could sing anything,and sing it better than just about everyone else.

have you ever listened to asong where elvis fully displays the range and power of his voice.
listen to the following songs and tell me whos a better singer

-danny boy
-if i can drean
- trouble
- i brlieve
- king creole.
Update 5: oh my god. how do people think freddie mercury was better than elvis. elvis and frank sinatra are the two greatest singers of all time according to most people you ask. elvis sang EVERYTHING even look at his christmas songs as an example. santa claus is back in town - blues diamond ring for christmas - rock... show more oh my god.
how do people think freddie mercury was better than elvis.
elvis and frank sinatra are the two greatest singers of all time according to most people you ask.
elvis sang EVERYTHING
even look at his christmas songs as an example.
santa claus is back in town - blues
diamond ring for christmas - rock 'n' roll
blue christmas - country

elvis was a far better vocalist than freddie mercury,and freddie mercury cannot even come close to elvis' success.
Update 6: elvis has 26 uk #1s and 21 us #1s. he was all about america was he? why would elvis still be the king if freddie mercury was better than him.elvis is the greatest entertainer in history,his stage presence has never been matched.nor has the variability or adaptability in his voice.the only SINGER to rival him is... show more elvis has 26 uk #1s and 21 us #1s. he was all about america was he?
why would elvis still be the king if freddie mercury was better than him.elvis is the greatest entertainer in history,his stage presence has never been matched.nor has the variability or adaptability in his voice.the only SINGER to rival him is frank sinatra.
15 answers 15