Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 5
? asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Houston Astros: When will they make the playoffs? How will moving to the AL affect their playoff chances?

They've dumped some expensive contracts over the years: Roy Oswalt, Lance Berkman, Hunter Pence, Michael Bourn. They also have some good young talent: Jason Castro, Brett Wallace, Angel Sanchez, Chris Johnson, Brian Bogusevic, J.A. Happ, Bud Norris.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Playing in the NL Central is the easiest division. Yes im aware that the cardinals won the world series. but i think they just got hot in the right time. If you made an all star team with each division the NL Central would be awful compared to others. I think moving to the AL will kill their chances to making the playoffs, They need Alot of work as an organization. But i could see them competing in about 8-10 years

• 9 years ago

I think it'll lower their shot of making playoffs. They're moving into the AL West, with the Angels, who have one of the best rotations in the Majors. AND they just signed Albert Pujols. Unstoppable.

The AL West also is home to the Rangers. An extremely dominant team.

I'd say it'll be 5-10 years till they're a playoff team.

• 9 years ago

It will be a long time, no matter which league they are in.

Wallace won't ever be what was thought when he was drafted. The power isn't there. Johnson is mediocre, Bogusevic is a 4th OF at best on any other team.

• 9 years ago

They will get destroyed by the offenses of the Rangers, Yankees, and Red Sox. And get shut down by the rotations of the Angels and Rays.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I am pretty sure it will lower their chances. They have the Rangers (back to back AL champs), and the Angels (great rotation + Pujols) to beat, so they won't have a good chance.

• 9 years ago

lol @ calling the angels unstoppable

brush up on your baseball girly

also the astros have tons of upside they really need to draw in more crowds if they want to keep their talent tho or theyll just be like the a's

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It might acctualy help because they now have a dh wich will help their hitting

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.