Ik four days late on my period should i be worried ?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It can take a few years from the time a girl starts menstruating for her body to develop a regular cycle. Even then, what's regular varies — girls' cycles can range from 21 to 45 days.

Changing hormone levels might make your period short one month (such as 2 or 3 days) and more drawn out (such as 7 days) the next. You might skip a month, get two periods almost right after each other, have a really heavy period, or one so light you almost don't notice it. (If you're sexually active and you skip a period, though, you should visit your doctor or a women's clinic to make sure you're not pregnant.)

All this irregularity can make planning for your period a real hassle. Try to keep track of when your last period started, and guess that about 4 weeks from that day you could be due for another. If you're worried about wearing that cute dress and suddenly starting your period at school, just make sure you pack protection. Carry a pad or tampon in your backpack, and wear a pantiliner to handle the first wave.

When it comes to periods, every girl's body has a unique (and unpredictable) timeline for getting on track. If your period still has not settled into a relatively predictable pattern after 3 years, or if you were having regular periods and then become irregular or have no period for a couple of months, make an appointment with your doctor to check for possible problems.

Irregular periods are common in girls who are just beginning to menstruate. It may take the body a while to sort out all the changes going on, so a girl may have a 28-day cycle for 2 months, then miss a month, for example. Usually, after a year or two, the menstrual cycle will become more regular. Some women continue to have irregular periods into adulthood, though.

As a girl gets older and her periods settle down — or she gets more used to her own unique cycle — she will probably find that she can predict when her period will come. In the meantime, it's a good idea to keep track of your menstrual cycle with a calendar.

Hope this helps!(:

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

If you just got your first period not so long ago, the cycles are a bit late and then a bit early as it is trying to adjust. If not, you might be exercising more. Exercising more than you often do can make your period come later. Are you also stressed out? If you are, the increase of stress also makes your period come a bit later than the last one. If a long time passes by and you don't get your period, contact a doctor and tell them your question. I hope I helped. :)

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.