I got caught downloading torrents from Comcast, NOW WHAT?

Hi, so I recently started downloading from thepiratebay.org and after a couple of days I got this email from Comcast. What will happen if I download again. Or is there anyway to not have Comcast be able to see what I am doing. If you have a YouTube video that helps that would be well appreciated.

Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Abuse Incident Number: Not Applicable

Report Date/Time: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:42:22 -0800

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or e-mail to:

Comcast Customer Security Assurance

Comcast Cable Communications, LLC

1800 Bishops Gate Blvd., 3rd Floor East Wing

Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 U.S.A.

Phone: (888) 565-4329

Fax: (856) 324-2940

For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures, and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,

Comcast Customer Security Assurance

Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:

Evidentiary Information:

Initial Infringement Timestamp: 2 Jan 2012 22:22:47 GMT

Recent Infringement Timestamp: 2 Jan 2012 22:22:47 GMT

Protocol: BitTorrent

Infringed Work: Paranormal Activity 3

Infringed Work: Paranormal Activity 3

Infringing File Name: Paranormal Activity 3 2011 TS XviD - VISUALiSE

Infringing File Size: 1185617141

Favorite Answer

You need to pay attention to current events, for starters. The MPAA has switched the monitoring of piracy to the ISP's. And it's not only Comcast. They have stopped their ridiculous lawsuits, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will not pursue individual cases. You have broken the copyright law, and are therefore subject to civil punishment, i.e., expensive lawsuits. Will they come after you for this one offense? Highly doubtful. Will Comcast drop your service if you continue? More likely.

Stop the downloading, delete the offending material, and lay low. If you stop, this will likely blow over. If you don't stop, you have been warned, so continue at your won risk. And don't get a lawyer, or contact Comcast. That will only bring attention to your personal situation. Comcast's email was auto-generated, probably because of a tracker in the torrent. As I said, lay low and stop.

Source(s): Multiple sites, and personal experience, and previous replies.

Comcast Torrent

• yerhot

Comcast Copyright Infringement

They won't do anything! Hell even call Comcast and ask if they emailed that to you. I had Century Link and downloaded tons of movies every day and lots of music! I deleted them after I watched them and made space for more. I ended up getting a email like yours so called from Century Link and I called them several times till I got someone who knew what they were talking about and they told me they saw no notes or anything containing any information on the email. I continued to keep doing it and kept getting the emails but guess what? Century Link each time said they had no information or clue what I was talking about. I ended up switching to Comcast cause of faster speeds for WAY cheaper and still nothing! Hell I set my laptop up at my Grandmas who also has Comcast and set it to download a ton of movies cause before I got this Comcast I moved into a new place and needed to wait a bit to get my new ISP.

Anyways for a point to be made...Just call Comcast and ask for someone who actually knows what there talking about and ask if they have any information on this email

The thing is, I personally Have the DVDs for the movies I downloaded, because I do love these movies and want a GOOD quality version, even the HD versions on the internet sometimes are still not full HD and still look a little worse than a real Blue-ray disc. I just want a version that plays on my computer and won t get scratched in case my son grabs the DVD and as he often does and decides to play DJ with it. So I ll go to court if need be and testify that with proof.

This is similar to my other issue with music, I literally have over 20,000 LP vinyl records and 12" Singles and had to get digital versions of the same songs when we started switching over to DVS (Digital Vinyl Software) essentially duplicating my Record library into a Digital format. I got most of my digital versions through a Professional DJ Record Pool and some via internet download or from CD copies I also had. I heard about the music industry trying to Sue DJs, the very people that support the music industry the most and was thinking if they did try that with me, I d go to court and lug every damned last crate of records I have as proof that I have supported the industry more than almost anybody else both a consumer purchasing records and to show that I do indeed own and have paid for the original physical copies. Not to mention that as a DJ I help break new music to the public through nightclubs, events, DJ mixes, mixtapes and radio shows.

Even crazier, as a DJ I also bought many records double so I can have two copies of each record so I can double them up or Mix in an instrumental first over another track before dropping the actual song, so essentially I paid twice as much as I had to for my record collection. What I am saying overall though is many people actually own the movies they also download because it;s easier to do that to get a digital copy than it is to RIP it from the DVD they already own since the DVDs do have decent or good copyright infringement protection on them. It is easier to store and find things on a hard drive than it is to tear apart the house and find that One DVD, or in my case I have some in storage because I moved to a temporary address.

I've had a few of these Notice of Action things as well from Comcast and I went ahead and deleted any and all copyrighted material I had on my computer. Though I got one today about something I already deleted so I am confused. What if I keep on getting them about things I have already deleted? I have definitely stopped downloading too.

• Maria

Watch Free Movies Online

You can easily download Ultrasurf for free here http://bitly.com/1rms6Fj

With Ultrasurf you can hide your IP to surf the web in an anonymous way.

• Exade

I get one of these probably about every 6 months from my ISP which is Shaw. They won't follow through with anything, but if you are concerned, just drop them and get a new ISP.

EDIT: DO NOT listen to the moron that said you WILL be prosecuted and you WILL go to jail. He is dumb and doesn't know what he is talking about. They WILL NOT take action against you, aside from sending you "scary letter".

Source(s): happens to me all the time
  • Angela

Just admit it it'll pass in a few days