if i buy the Amazon Kindle Touch Screen Wi-Fi from the USA, will it work in the uk?

i wanted the touch but its not out in the uk yet and wanted to buy it. would i be able to access the amazon u.k. book store

Best Answer

Hi Just me, rumors are that Nook is coming to UK this year. E-Ink Nook Simple Touch from Barnes & Noble at $99 (without ads) has twice the battery life of Kindle Touch ($139 without ads), faster page turns than Kindle, and microSD card slot to expand capacity that neither Kindle has. With Nook you can checkout eBooks from public libraries - just need to get Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software (free from Adobe site). Also it's worth mentioning that if you walk in with any Nook to Barnes & Noble store, you'll get tech support and you’re allowed to read ANY available eBook for free while in the store via free provided in the store Wi-Fi where Nook eBook store has over 2.5 million of paid books and about the same number of free public domain books. Nook already has Cloud as your ebooks are stored in your online library as well as downloaded to your device. Nook Simple Touch actually has a hidden web browser - just press the virtual "Search" button at the bottom of your Nook's screen and key a URL into the search bar when it comes up. Consumer Reports, CNET, PCWORLD, etc. pro reviews declared Nook Simple Touch is the best ereader on the market.

• mike b

I got my Amazon Kindle 2 from the USA, i live in Holland and it,s worked perfect here also when i took it to Thailand worked fine, so the touch screen should be the same , going to get myself one soon as i got the cash .

Ordenadores para trabajar o para jugar, simples o muy avanzados, siempre a los mejores precios en los sitios web, mi viejo ordenador, también comprado en los sitios web me gustaba mucho pero necesitaba algo más eficiente y más silencioso, el ordenador que compre cumple todas mis expectativas, además de ser muy rápido, con una buena capacidad de almacenaje, es increíblemente silencioso, lo he probado por la noche, en un silencio total y ni no parecía que estaba funcionando, una excelente compra.

I think you must ask this at kindle support

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.htm...