Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

What do Jehovah's Witnesses get out of John 1:9-10?

If im not mistaken, Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus Christ is God or part of the trinity. Im pretty sure the light is Jesus Christ. Im not trying to bash on Jehovah's Witnesses. This is a serious question that I am just very curious about.

@Ginosko92, If Jesus is the true light, and God created the world, then what does it mean that the world was created THROUGH him.

• Favorite Answer

@linedancer.....

THE FATHER, THE SON

Only God is our Savior (Isa 43:11)

Jesus is our Savior (Tit 2:13; 2 Pet 1:1)

God is our only Rock (Isa 44:8, Ps 18:2, 94:22)

Jesus is our Rock (1 Cor. 10:4)

Only God can forgive sins (Luke 5:21)

Jesus forgives sins (Luke 5:20)

God is our owner (Isa. 54:5)

Jesus is our only owner (Jude 4)

God is the horn of salvation (2 Sam 22:3)

Jesus is the horn of salvation (Luke 1:68-69)

Paul is a slave of God (Tit 1:1)

Paul is a slave of Jesus (Rom 1:1)

No man can slave for two masters (Mat 6:24)

God is the King of Israel (Isa 44:6)

Jesus is the King of Israel (Mat. 27:42, John 1:49)

God is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (Isa 8:14)

Jesus is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (1 Pet 2:8)

God was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Zech 11:12-13)

Jesus was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Mat 26:14-16)

To God, every knee will bow and tongue confess (Isa 45:22-23)

To Jesus, every knee will bow and tongue confess (Phil 2:10-11)

The HOLY SPIRIT, THE 3RD PERSON OF THE HOLY TRINITY

In Acts 5:1-4 When Ananias lied to the Church, Peter told him he had lied to the Holy Spirit and in lying to the Holy Spirit he lied to God.

Acts 13:2 The Holy Spirit speaks to the Disciples, telling them to apart Saul and Barnabas for the work God has planned for them, A non-personal "active force" can not speak like a person

(NWT) John 16:13 However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide YOU into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to YOU the things coming.

This verse say 3 important things about the Holy Spirit

1) He speaks

2) He hears

3) he is referred to as HE as personal pronoun.

In Romans 8:26-27 This passage tells us that the Holy Spirit intercedes for the saints. An impersonal "active force" cannot plead on our behalf. Thus the Holy Spirit is a Person.

This video explains the trinity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA04hu_o0oo

Youtube thumbnail

<<<Devout Catholic>>>

http://jehovahwitnessmyths.blogspot.com

You are quite correct: Jesus is the light of the world. We know this, because Jesus himself said so in the book of John.

However, Jesus as part of a trinity is not a scriptural concept.

What we get out of John 1:9,10 is very simple: Jesus was Jehovah's "master worker"

Note Proverbs 8:22-31:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)

22“Lord Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation and from before all of his works. 23 And before the world he was possessed by me, and from the beginning, before he would establish the Earth. 24 Before the depths would be, I was born, and before there would be waters in the springs. 25 And before the mountains would be established, and before the hills, I was formed in the womb. 26 Before he would make the Earth and the floods and the beginning of the dust of the world 27 When the Heavens were established, I was with him, and when he made a circle over the face of the depths. 28 And when he empowered the clouds from above and when he strengthened the springs of the depths,

29 When he set the law of the Sea and the waters would not disobey his mouth, when he made the foundations of the Earth, 30 I was fashioning with him; he was rejoicing in me everyday, and I have been rejoicing before him always. 31 I have been rejoicing in the world of his Earth and I have been glorying in the sons of man.

Please note verse 30, where the person speaking is saying "I was fashioning WITH him." Other translations render this verse that says this person was a "craftsman" or "master workman." This, then, makes clear John 1:9,10: Jehovah was the architect, Jesus was his "craftsman" or "master workman." So the earth and other creations were made BY Jesus with guidance as to how from his Father, Jehovah... much in the way a construction foreman builds the building based on plans from the architect.

This is my own personal understanding and how we as Jehovah's Witnesses believe as a group.

Why do you care what JW believe, you have a mind, believe what you believe, not what you are told by others.

What do the words Spoken by Jesus Himself say to your beliefs and is there more than just John 1:9-10 that you base your beliefs on or do you believe what other told you to believe?

Read John 1:2-5 and John 1:9-14, NOW try to discover who "MADE", do not confuse the One who "CREATED" as being the same One who "MADE"

.

Well, let's see what the vs say:

(9)The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

(10)He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

I honestly don't read ANYTHING in these vs about Jesus being God. Jesus is the true light as he bore truth for everyone to accept and many didn't. I do see that the world was made THROUGH him.

***LOST SOUL***

Pretty simple, because it's not a Biblical teaching! Read John 17:3 and ask your self what Jesus meant when he said ONLY.

***EDIT***

That the Father is the SOURCE of creation and Christ is the MEANS. I think Paul explains that well in 1 Cor 8:6.

"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, FROM WHOM all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM all things came and through whom we live."

It is quite a simple concept.

• manier

The Jews anticipate that Jesus is speaking with regard to the literal temple, yet he's speaking with regard to the temple of his physique. and 3 years later his disciples bear in mind this announcing of his while he's raised from the ineffective. John 2:12-22; Matthew 13:fifty 5; Luke 4:23.

• JW625

John identified Jesus as “the true light that gives light to every sort of man.” (John 1:9, 10) Yet, Jesus said that if we practice “vile things”—things that are wrong, unacceptable to God—we hate the light. Can you imagine hating Jesus and what he stands for? Yet, that is the position of those who unrepentantly practice sin. Perhaps they do not view things that way, but clearly, Jesus does.

Source(s): The Bible; www.watchtower.org; *** w05 1/1 p. 9 par. 10 Hold to the Pattern Jesus Set ***
  • Jase

The Trinity is easy to establish in scripture

1 Father X 1 Son X 1 Holy Spirit = 1 God

1X1X1=1

Deuteronomy 32:39 KJV God said I am

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill , and I make alive ; I wound , and I heal : neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

John 8:24 KJV Jesus said I am

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus said: if you do not believe I AM you will die in your sin (of unbelief), which means, you will be rejected at judgment. Its important to believe on who Jesus said who he is. He clearly claimed to be God Almighty himself. If you reject this then you will die in your sins. He made this very clearly.

The truth is the father, son and holy spirit is Almighty God.

If you reject this then you reject Almighty God

Jesus claimed to be the I am of the old testament.

The Bible teaches that God is one God in three distinct persons: God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. This teaching is commonly known as the Trinity - Meaning that God is a "tri-unity" or "three in one." Now let me make it clear that Christians do NOT believe in three Gods. Nor does the bible teach that God is one person who appears in three forms or modes, which is an error. Throughout the concept that God is one God in three distinct persons may be difficult for us to grasp, it is what the scripture clearly teaches.

One God, Three Persons

First, the Bible teaches that God is one

Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear , O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Isaiah 45:22

Look unto me, and be ye saved , all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

The Bible clearly teaches that there are not three Gods, but one true God. However, Scripture also teaches that there are a plurality of persons in the Godhead.

God the Father is

God - Phil 1:2

Creator - Gen 1:1

Eternal - Psalm 90:2

God the Son is

God - John 1:1; Romans 9:5; Col 2:9; Tit 2:13; Heb 1:5-13

Creator - John 1:3, Col 1:16

Eternal - John 8:58; Ex 3:14

God the Holy Spirit is:

God - Acts 5:3-4

Creator - Job 33:4, Job 26:13

Eternal - Heb 9:14

This teaching that all three persons in the triune Godhead are One God but three distinct persons, is seen throughout scripture:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. (John 1:1-2)

we are told here that Jesus Christ - The Word of God- was "with God" in the beginning. If I said, "I am with my wife," you would not think I was saying that "I am my wife." In the same way, we can clearly see a distinction in John 1:1 between the Father and the Son. However, John also tells us that the Word "was God," so clearly He is the same God while at the same time being a distinct and separate person.

1 John 5:7 KJV

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 1:1 KJV Jesus is the Word

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

You're confused. How could Jesus Christ be God AND a part of the trinity? According to the trinity doctrine, the trinity IS God. As it says: "We worship one God IN TRINITY." The trinity doctrine adds: "The Father is God, the Son is God, and the holy spirit is God. Yet, they are...one God."

Jesus is not God, but the Son of God. In his own words, Jesus said to his enemies: "I am the Son of God," NOT God himself. (John 10:36) Jesus also said that he was sent to earth BY GOD. As he said at John 8:42: "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me."

So, is Jesus God or was he sent to earth BY GOD? The answer is obvious.

One last thing. You are correct that Jesus Christ is the "light" in John 1:9, but that does not make him God. The rest of the verse says that Jesus "was coming into the world." Now, who was it that came into the world? Was it God himself or was it someone else? 1 John 4:9 says: "In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him."

So, is Jesus God or is he the Son of God, the one who was sent into the world BY GOD? The answer is obvious.

• Adrian

Brian, sweethard, all religions are scam operations and frauds. Don't believe anything you've ever learned in a church, except, perhaps, for the admonition to "love one anther." That one seems harmless enough, while the rest of religion's clap-trap is dangerous and wrong.

The JWs are an evil cult that was founded by child molesters. And the other religions are certainly no better.

I am not 100% sure, but what I have heard is they do not believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. I could be wrong, but they gave me a book one time and inside the book it described him as just a man.