Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Spanish Football (Soccer) · 9 years ago

Lionel Messi vs Zinedine Zidane at their very best?

Who is the better player? I had the chance to watch both, but can't decide.

Something always takes me back to Zidane for some reason and I can't figure out why... but Messi is said to be the greatest ever and the goals he scores is phenomenal.

Favorite Answer

No doubt Zidane is the better player.Zidane has won the World Cup and also Euro Championship compared to Messi who has not won Copa America and World Cup.In fact,in 2011 when Uefa.com asked players, journalist and their users to crown the best player in the UEFA Champions League of the past 20 years, Zidane topped the poll ahead of Lionel Messi.Messi scores more goals because he plays as false-nine while Zidane played as a midfielder.He pulls the strings and his skills are mesmerizing compared to Messi's.

Messi being a product of my man Iniesta and Xavi...I will definitely go for Zidane as the best player. No favouritism but the real truth being spoken.

You have to look at the age.. Yes, Zidane is a good player, but he is 39 years old and Messi is only 24. For Messi's young age, he is better than Zidane... NOT BECAUSE I AM A BARCELONA FAN AND ZIDANE PLAYED FOR REAL MADRID!!

Messi, at the age of 24, is clearly better than Zidane ever was, I wonder how wide the gap will get when he finishes his career which has only just started.

Both at their best, I would like to go with Zinedine Zidane...... He was simply superb in his time!!! even comparing to other great players>>>>

Old schools wins!

Source(s): Youtube