What do you think of my top ten artist of 2011?

I'm just making this up, right on the stop, and I wanted to see what you thought, and you can share yours with me. This list is made up of mostly mainstream things, and how well each artist did in 2011, and I know a lot of people are fond of mainstream, well sorry. There is some of my own opinion in this too though.

10.Foster The People - Maybe they aren't in many people's top ten, but I'm such a big fan, and their big hit "Pumped Up Kicks" is a great song, and not even their best on their debut album, "Torches". Their a new artist, and I expect them to have similar success in 2012, and following years as they did in 2011. There are also very few bands, or singers like them.

9.Pitbull - I'm actually listening to "Hey Baby" right now, and I thought Pitbull was well deserving to be in the top ten, especially with his number one hit, "Give Me Everything" with Ne-Yo, Afrojack, and Neyer.

8.Maroon 5 - Maroon 5 had a successful third album, "Hands All Over" which produced the number 1 song, "Moves Like Jagger" which also brought Christina Aguilera back into the public's eye. "Never Gonna Leave This Bed" is also one of my favorite songs of this year.

7. Lil Wayne - Perhaps Lil Wayne should be higher than this for some of you, or not on at all. It seems you either love him, or hate him. In 2011, I went with the former. The Carter IV wasn't his best work, but 6 Foot 7 Foot may have been. This along with 964,000 albums sold in the first week, and 2 million in the United States alone, puts him at number 7 on the list.

6. LMFAO - Okay, I hate them. I said it, but despite this, they've spawned two number 1 hits this year, and are immensely popular. Party Rock Anthem is one of the most popular songs of the year, and is back in the top ten after being on the charts for most of 2011. Now, Sexy and I Know It, has topped the charts for the second week in a row.

5. Nicki Minaj - Not a huge fan, but she's had a lot of success in 2011. Super Bass was one of the most popular songs of the year, and I'll admit that I think it's pretty catchy. She's also emerged as the next great female rapper. She seems to be featured on every rap song out there, while in 2011 going solo as well, and doing a good job of it.

4. Rihanna - Another great year for Rihanna. She had several hits this year, as always, including We Found Love, which topped the charts for more weeks than any other song. S&M, Only Girl, What's My Name, also deserve honorable mention.

3. Lady Gaga - Her album "Born This Way" is the second best selling album of the year. Born This Way, was one of the most anticipated songs of this year, and it didn't disappoint lyrically, vocally, or having a freaky music video. The Edge Of Glory is another great song by her this year, with saxophone solo by Clarence Clemons, and You and I is one of my favorites.

2. Katy Perry - None of her songs really made a huge impact like other artists. To me, they were just any other pop songs, but they were all still number 1. Only her latest single from her latest album, "Teenage Dream" have been number one. "The One That Got Away" may very get there, sitting at number 3 right now. I do believe she had the most number one hits of 2011, even with some coming in 2010 from "Teenage Dream"

1. Adele - I'm sure you guessed it, Adele is the artist of the year. There was really no debating in my mind. We haven't heard a voice like Adele's in a long time, and no one has had a year like Adele in a long time. Her sophomore album, "21" has sold 16,000,000 albums worldwide, and sales for her first album "19" had boosted in 2011 too. Rolling In The Deep is the song of the year, and when we're talking about songs of the decade in 2019, you can bet Rolling In The Deep will be in the discussion for number 1. "Someone Like You", has gotten a lot of success, and currently "Set Fire To The Rain" has gotten into the top ten. Even "Rumour Has It" is climbing up the charts without even being released as a single.

Please share yours with me too, and tell me what you think of my choices :)

Favorite Answer

You seem to have a very 'general' taste in music.

Foster the People: They're good and deserve a chance to be famous but I think they'll only be in the alternative fandom with the other bands like My Chemical Romance and Green Day and so on and so forth.

Pitbull: He's okay and actually kind of decent but I hate Hey Baby.

Maroon 5: I hate them but if you like them fine. And Moves Like Jagger is the most annoying song my ears have had the displeasure of hearing in my life next to Friday by Miss Rebecca Black. The fact that Ms. Mutant Lungs is in Moves Like Jagger infuriates me even more.

Lil Wayne: I never really liked him but he's starting to gain public respect again with How to Love so kudos to him.

Foot 7 Foot: Don't know them/him/her so I can't say anything.

LMFAO: The fact that they are on this list makes me... Screw it - excuse me while I load my shotgun/take out my hack sword

Nicki: She's one of the few artists who have talent these days and I admire that she raps because there are hardly any female rappers these days which is a shame.

Rihanna: I don't like her new album much. I don't like her music much but she's okay.

Lady Gaga: **** YEAH SHE IS AMAZING! PAWS UP MONStERS!

Katy Perry: I don't like her because she sings stupid annoying pop songs like California Gurls and Teenage Dream and **** but her more acoustic songs like The One That Got Away are really good. I also listened to a song (Trust in Me0 on her Christian album which was pretty awesome.

Adele: I don't like her style of music - I detest soul music unless you mean a bit of Mariah Carey - but she is very talented and deserves to be in the spotlight. But her stage presence bores me because imagery is important to me as well as the actual singing.

It's too much pop, although I like Adele. It needs much more punk and heavy metal or a combination of it, like Eyes Set To Kill or Blessthefall, Green Day, Paramore, All Time Low or Weezer and Foo Fighters.

the only artists on this list that actually have talent is Adele and Lady Gaga

• ?

Out of your list, I only really like one of those artists.

• ME!!

I personally hate them all except for no.1.

Needs more metal.

adele is good. the rest suck.