Skyward sword. Would you say its as good or better than OOT?

At the minute I'd rate it the second best Zelda game with OOT being number 1 and Majora's mask being the 3rd. Bumped down due to lastability. Maybe its just the fact that skyward sword has so many new features with so much familiarity. I was kinda against getting it but then I bought it and I'm loving it. Just wondering what others opinions are.

Favorite Answer

I think Skyward Sword would have to come in second behind Ocarina of Time. The story line in both games were very good and I loved every bit of it. Skyward Sword obviously has the better game-play, graphics, and features compared to OOT. However, I believe that Ocarina of Time still had better factors which tops S.Sword in my opinion. You have the option of being a child or an adult in OOT that go hand-in-hand, such as the place at the bottom of the well in Kakaro Village. You also have the options of traveling to places via foot, riding Epona, and warping via playing the Ocarina. In Skyward Sword you don't have those options. You can only travel with your bird which becomes tedious and annoying after a while. However, I do really enjoy the feature in Skyward Sword where you can face enemy bosses over and over again thanks to the Thunder Dragon! Not only that, but you also get rewarded for doing so! You can't do that in Ocarina of Time. If it had that feature, then I never would've stopped playing after I beat Ganondorf, haha. In conclusion, I think both games are amazing in their own respect, but I gotta give it up to Ocarina of Time because the creativity, story line, and overall creation is better. Then again, opinions do not necessarily state the truth, so I'm pretty sure some people would disagree with me. Keep in mind though that most of the major game critics out there STILL consider Ocarina of Time as the greatest game ever made.

In my opinion, Skyward sword topped all the other Zelda games when it comes to the combat system, but I feel that it wasn't as open-world as most of the other Zelda games. For example in OOT, you can walk by foot to anywhere you need to go in different ways and enjoy the scenery, but in Skyward Sword you always have to go to the skies when you want to travel to a location and drop down the same holes in the sky to your destination; it becomes tedious. In the skies, it's nothing but clouds up there; therefore, I feel that it's lacking substance and creativity.

I was very close to naming Skyward Sword my favorite, but that place remains taken by Ocarina of Time because I liked Navi better than Fi and Skyward went on for a little too long (When the ending sequence got interrupted I got really REALLY sad right there).

If A>B...and B=C...than A isn't equivalent to C...A remains extra desirable than C...if A is larger than B and B equals C than A is larger than the two considered one of them! yet besides that...definite...skyward sword could be the ideal activity ever made if it rated extra useful than OoT...yet bear in mind this is an opinion. a lot of human beings have distinctive critiques on which activity is the ideal considered one of all time.

Wow, though question, dude. I am a complete Zelda fanatic, so I've played both countless times, and I really doubt humanity will ever have an answer. But I'd say Ocarina of Time because it's just so timeless (pun not intended).

Source(s): hi :)