promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 8 years ago

help/opinions, starting a new business?

I've had this idea for a long time to start a medical supply business that would focus on home delivery.

for example say, the customer would see our business through an advertisement or our website, call our number, and place an order for say anything from a walker or mattress to diapers and catheters, and we would deliver the item(s) right to their door.

I'm thinking we would also have to set up a way that we could receive payment through medical insurance or medicare also.

it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me a simple rundown of how to accomplish this

where should I start looking to buy inventory?

Where is the best place to start to legalize a business?

How does a business go about accepting payment through insurance and medicare?

or any other opinions are greatly appreciated

I'm going to act on this soon im just looking for any professional help I can get. Thank You!

Update:

All of your answers have helped me a lot. a BIG thanks to all of you!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Inc.com, entrepreneur.com are two great resources for information about starting up a business.

Alot of Small Bussiness associations offer great advice.

The first step i suggest is to get a free business plan template. It will place all of your questions in meaningful places. It will help you address what information and data you need to gather.

Filling it out might seem arduous, but it sounds like you have a viable idea that needs some direction. The business plan template will ponit you in the direction you need to go.

As far as products and companies I'd start with the big ones.

Proctor and Gamble

Johnson and Johnson

B. Braun

Endo Pharmaceuticals

I hope this helps! Good Luck!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Hi Dave,

I think you can start a business in Medical Transcriptions. It's quite in demand nowadays. I have recently seen that various companies like RPJ Atlantic Technologies Canada and Emdat are successful organizations in this field. You can also start a similar business in this field even if it's not of this scale. I liked these company sites and I just hope that you will also get some good ideas from these sources. So All the best for your new business.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Sounds like a good idea it will be very convenient for persons to receive their medical supplies this way. Here is a link showing some advice in selling supplies i hope it will be of help to you http://www.salesmanbook.com/ . As for the medical insurance call the various companies and see how they can assist you maybe even show you where to get the best medico-legal advice.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Hi Dave,

Before you start to venture out into the online world, tou need to know two things.

1. How the world wide web works,

2. How to set up an online business.

This is what I suggest you do.

Grab a cup or glass of your favourite drink, find a place to relax where you won't be disturbed and watch this set of video tutorials on how to set up a web based business. They will show you how the world wide web works and guide you step by step on how you can set up a web based business for yourself. They are also FREE to you. Nothing to pay.

http://www.chrisfarrellmembership.com/hg/?a=FxMMG1...

Best wishes and good luck.

Robert.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Hi, Well due to the fact that you're opening a brand new trade of your possess, my recommendation to you could be to not placed your entire funding into the trade. Secondly, maintain in brain of opening trade at a location in which the contest isn't very top. You can begin a garment trade or printing trade. Try to speak to a couple of your peers who're into a few sort of commercial, am definite you'll plenty of different valuable concept. Good Luck!

• Henry
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It sounds like an idea. Now you need to write a business plan to prove that your idea is workable. Go to http://sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/plan/writeabus... or http://www.score.org/template_gallery.html for instructions on how to write a business plan and sample business plans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.