Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What should I ask Laura Bush?

I have been given the opportunity to attend a talk by Laura Bush and meet her. I'm supposed to ask her a question at this event. What would be a good question to ask her? Suggestions?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do you want to ask her a light question or a serious question?

1.What was something that surprised her that came with her role of being first lady? There is always something unexpected with any job. You can never really know what anything is like until you do it - and it's never quite like what you thought it would be.

2. A light question would be ... I've always wondered ... Does she still wake up in the morning and think she's in the White House and she has to be at a meeting or rush off to something important? You know how it is when you change a job and you have nightmares that you're still at that job and you're late or that people are waiting on you.

3. Another light question. Be honest. Who did Barney, the dog like better? Laura or George?

4. Something else I've always wondered ... How do they keep from being poisoned when they are hosted by a country that is hostile to the United States. Do they have a chef who watches as their food is being prepared?

5. Did you know that when she was younger, she and a friend applied for a summer job in Washington D.C. The Senator or Congressman that she hoped to work for as a secretary told her that she didn't have the qualifications. QUESTION: When she went to Washington D.C. did she want to stay there? Seeing D.C. in person ... did the "bug" bite her? Did she find that vibe exciting; was she attracted to politics at all or was she glad to return home to Texas?

Good luck at the event! Sounds exciting! What a great opportunity!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Ask her if she is enjoying being out of the political life.

• virgod
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Robert, are you a neolibnazi? If yes, then for Pete's sake, stop beating a dead hourse! Do you, guys, have ANY decency?

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

When C.Rice, was in Texas, on the lake, in a boat with a canopy, with-out his body guards, I WONDER what they talked about?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Does she still have nightmares about murdering (I'll use this term since Republicans love to call Che one) her high school boyfriend?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

“What’s it like being married to a war criminal?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.