promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 8 years ago

Payroll check declined?

I went to Walmart to cash my payroll check. It was declined by, certegy? I work for a multi million dollar company, there is No reason for the check not to be cashed. All it said was declined for reason 1, wtf does that mean?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

IT was declined or YOU were declined. If you have screwed over someone before with a check then you are in a system and they will not cash for YOU. IF you have nothing on your records they may not cash it for you.

Why didn't you simply ask WALMART why they would not cash the check and waht the "1" meant?

Added if you had simply done a google search you would have gotten more info that you can read in a day

Reason Code 1: Negative information on file for the writer of the check; or writer of check may have bounced checks in the past; or the writer of the check needs to call Certegy to give them "more information."

Reason Code 2: "Some other reason for denial" (which Certegy usually won't disclose, other than to say that it's not that you have a bad check history). One verified example: the person lacked a previous history of writing checks. Code 2 seems to be the most common one.

Reason Code 3: Appears to mean that the check "seems risky."

Reason Code 8: Unknown. Possibly having something to do with writing more than one check to the same merchant in a short period of time

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

WOW!! For what ever reasons we choose to cash our payroll check at Wal Mart is not the issue, if we have bank account or not is also not the issue. The issue is why Certegy denies cashing their payroll checks. Our company President was livid when he discovered that all of the sudden Wal Mart no longer cashed employee checks based on Certegy check cashing statistics. Need less to say, Sam's warehouse card was canceled and most of us find life easier without Walmart and Sam's and we shop at stores who focus on us making our day a little easier.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Payroll check declined?

I went to Walmart to cash my payroll check. It was declined by, certegy? I work for a multi million dollar company, there is No reason for the check not to be cashed. All it said was declined for reason 1, wtf does that mean?

Source(s): payroll check declined: https://shortly.im/W1k2h
  • 8 years ago

Which multi million dollar company is this you work for?

Why don't you have a bank account?

Walmart is under NO obligation to cash any payroll check. Obviously, they use a 3rd party check verification system (Certegy) and either this multi million dollar company has bounced checks in the past or it could be as simple as the bank this payroll check is drawn on is not local.

You would have go to the Certegy website or call them and ask them why they declined it.

If this is a check drawn on a bank that has a branch where you live go to that bank and present it for payment.

• michael4 years agoReport

maybe because banks have too many fees!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • meske
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Certegy Reason 2

• 4 years ago

Ask Certegy

• 4 years ago

i don't think in most companies you can turn down the over time pay,, but it's only 6 hours, is it messing you that much?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.