Is Investing in Real estate investment trusts a Good idea?

Though I do a fair amount of reading of the real estate market, I must admit that I don't keep in touch with domains such as real estate investment trusts. I understand the REITs (as they are called) could be a very useful addition to one's portfolio, especially for those folks who wish to invest in real estate but are not actually keen on owning a house or real estate! What are the views of the members?

Favorite Answer

Better invest in small pieces of lands outskirts which in turn appreciate more than any other forms. Even the Real Estate company shares also likely to fall.

I also read that due to favorable tax laws, REITs generally pay large dividends which appeal to investors looking for income and stability. And because REITs generally do not own single-family homes, they usually do not move in lockstep with the rest of the housing market or the stock market, and so if owns REITs and S&P stocks, when one zigs while the other zags, making the portfolio more balanced.

Now the above is what I read...it will be quite useful to know the feedback from the members if they have had experience investing in REITs..

find our more about real estate at http://www.findghar.com