Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 9 years ago

How can United rebuild their squad?

Going out of the CL so early will cause a hit on their income for this year, and they have already been priced out of deals by City and Madrid among others in the last few years. The only players in the United squad with any sell-on value are Nani and Rooney and they cant sell them, so selling to buy is not an option for United and those 2 are the ONLY players they have that could bring in huge transfer fees.

So with United being priced out of many deals for the best upcoming players, unable to sell-to-buy and Fergie seemingly disinterested in the youth system nowadays, how will United rebuild what is clearly a substandard squad?

Angry Indian - Theyre not gonna march to glory on the back of a great reserve team. Go back to cricket.

Favorite Answer

United get money at their disposal EVERY season. People always say that them being in debt means they have no money, but go back over the last few years.. there have been key players brought into the squad every season.

Nani and Rooney do have great sell on value. But guys like Vidic, Valencia and Evra could bring a decent amount to United. Even though none of those players mentioned should be sold on anytime soon.

The rebuilding period will obviously take a few years.

In my opinion the KEY areas they need to invest in is the midfield with a creative and defencive midfielder needed to be brought in. A creative midfielder is needed for depth and guys like Eriksen have been looked into while Gaitan is believed to be very close to a 30mil deal for next season. Defencive midfield is an area which has been needed refreshment for a long time now. I would love to Javi Garcia or Kwadwo Asamoah come in. But guys like Tiote or Javi Martinez would be great as well.

After that they probably just need a couple of signings to improve depth. Notably in defence with Rio's career coming to a close soon. So a reliable defender would be a good move, someone like Benatia or Sakho would be class. A striker to take Berba's role is essential when he leaves too, someone like a number 9 who is used to a fast paced game. My hopes are on Ricky Van Wolfswinkle.

After these signing are made along with the development of the younger player at United like Jones, Smalling, the Da Silva's, Cleverly, Pogba, Morrison, Welbeck and De Gea.. then I think United will be looking more "rebuilt". This would take at least 2-3 years though..

• @Martin you looserFOOL fan, you say united are in decline and use crap players when you scousers are using embarrasing, toothless, and plain non-league bullsh**it players like andy caroll, dirk, kuyt and stewart downing you guys spend all the money you can manage on players that even blackburn players can get the nod over in my team. hahahaha You can can't even score goals WHAT A PURE SHAME. DISGRACEFUL tactics crossing the ball all day when defenders comfortably have the shameful flop Andy carroll in their pockets. United in decline when they just won the epl easily last season, What a shameful statement. Scousers haven't even managed a prem league tile. and you guys have already sunk badly and have declined 5 years ago, c'mon enjoy your 6th place position, you are not champions league properties if you were I would have prayed every game for God to help you because you would have got badly raped by the elites including united.

• Jon

They need to go out and buy two young quality midfielders then they'll be fine now and in the future. But they have to be real quality and that's going to cost a lot of money. Something along the lines of Gotze & Lucas Moura, Eriksen and Moutinho, Hazard and Khedira, etc etc

European Cup Final

Aberdeen 2 - 1 Real Madrid

I think they just need to buy a midfielder. Maybe a young defenseman because injuries are a bad problem at the moment.

I think they should sell Nani..and buy David Silva or Wesley Sneijder who area more class players and are more experience than him....

They're on the decline...I've said this many times, after their 6-1 defeat to City, unable to beat minnows Basel and Benfica eventually crashing out of the CL. But I've been laughed off and abused by sour grapes Man U fans and I've been proven right. After City win the league, their fan base will drop down in numbers and they rely on fan bases around the world for their income and losing them will down their income. No CL money and no prize money.

They won't be able to spend in the transfer window as they have no money because of the debt. They will be stuck with crap players and will see their sinking ship sink even further down.

United have money in abundance

They made a £30m profit last year and have large reserves

LARGE RESERVES AS IN LARGE MONEY RESERVES...

they just need a few midfielders

It's possible HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!