Military pilots and commercial pilots ejecting?

why do only Military pilots eject in an emergency and not commercial pilots isn't it unfair in a way that commercial planes cockpits are not made with that facility. Will we see in the future commercial planes being built with ejection facility for both cockpit and passengers. I have heard in ships captain... show more why do only Military pilots eject in an emergency and not commercial pilots isn't it unfair in a way that commercial planes cockpits are not made with that facility. Will we see in the future commercial planes being built with ejection facility for both cockpit and passengers. I have heard in ships captain leaves the ship last, will it be possible for passenger planes to have a similar system. In passenger planes passengers are shown how to use a life jacket may be show them how to use a parachute, either way its a do die situation what would be your thoughts or similar Thank you all
Update: Zaphod unlike you I am just getting the moneys worth from answers .com you could be a professor I am a student