Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 9 years ago

A few questions regarding Terraria?

Hi people. I've got a couple of questions regarding Terraria.

The first is how the whole players and worlds system works. From what I understand so far, Any player can access any world, and they can transfer both their items and 'statistics' (if that's the right word to use) between worlds.

First question, is if you delete a player file, does that cascade and delete any worlds created by that player?

The second question is in regards to the world change after defeating the Wall of Flesh. I defeated him and of course, the game immediately switches to hard mode. I make my way back up to my house and the Corruption had pretty much engulfed my castle house and my NPC's were quickly killed by World Feeders, Dark Mummies and Wraiths. :-(

My question is is there a set location in the world where the Corruption and Hallow generate or is a random? I'd built my castle just a little bit east of the center of the map.

The final question (and this will probably cause a few groans) is in regards to Minecraft vs. Terraria. I'm not trying to start a fanboy war or anything but I'm just interested into which game you think is better out of the two.

I'd been playing Minecraft since it was in Alpha and since buying Terraria a few days ago, I haven't been able to stop playing it, but considering the fact I'd pretty much done everything including a legitimate kill of the Enderdragon after a ridiculous amount of deaths.

I mean they both have their pros and cons but I'm just looking for an opinion here on which game is worth playing.

Favorite Answer

Question 1: Your players and worlds stand alone, basically. Any interactions you make in a world (whether it be mining, putting items in a chest, building, etc.) remain constant in that world, even if you delete the players you used in it. Your worlds will stay the same no matter what players you delete.

Question 2: This one is a little bit up in the air. The Developer blogs on Terraria Online state that once the Wall of Flesh is defeated, The Hallowed and Corruption biomes simply spawn in your world. They weren't specific unfortunately. My best guess would be that they spawn in random locations on the map, and that you had some very unfortunate luck for one of them to spawn on your home. :(

(Also, don't worry about the NPC's too much. They will always respawn as long as you mantain the conditions that spawned them in the first place. For example, Demolitionist will return as long as you still have a bomb, grenade, dynamite, or some sort of explosive on you. Nurse will spawn as long as you have more than 100 health, etc.)

Question 3: I think this is a great question. Both games are still in development of course, but once I bought Terraria a few months ago, I literally stopped playing Minecraft. Both games are certainly worth playing. In my opinion, I think Terraria is now the better game. But I would love to compare these two once they're 'fully released'. The developers of Terraria are wanting to add A LOT more content, and the full game probably won't be released until early to mid 2012. I know the same goes for Minecraft too. Both games are fantastic, and lean towards different play-styles. But my vote goes for Terraria as of now!

Source(s): I've played both Terraria and Minecraft. A lot.... :P TerrariaOnline.com - Developer blogs

I propose situated on those inquiries to maintain off on getting a snake for a well at the same time. There are rather a couple of misconceptions right here, that is well you're asking previously. Thank you for that. a million. This depends upon the sort of snake you're desirous about. Care can fluctuate largely among species. Are you pondering extra the boas and pythons or some thing else? I noticed you place venomous snakes, please do not even bear in mind that. two. I have no longer checked your state legislation. You would pass via their internet site. Local animal shelters must even be mindful of regulations. three. I am towards devenomizing snakes. The venom is not just to kill an animal, it is helping them with their digestion, having already began the method earlier than they start drinking it. This is an fundamental for those forms of snakes to preserve them within the satisfactory situation feasible. Please don't even bear in mind venomous snakes right now. four. If you purchase frozen/thawed rodents on-line or at a reptile exhibit, it is honestly relatively low cost. I'd pay 20-some thing greenbacks for a bag so that you can final perhaps 2 months or so of grownup mice. If you begin off with a youngster snake it is going to be inexpensive considering the fact that pinkies and fuzzies fee much less. As the prey will get larger its fee raises. Please, should you plan to get a snake, most effective feed it frozen/thawed rodents. There are snakes so that you can consume special forms of eggs, frogs, bugs. None are newbie species and do not make the satisfactory of pets both. The huge majority of snakes within the puppy alternate are stored on a nutrition of small mammals. five. You under no circumstances desire to combine species. It's no longer a well inspiration, particularly while there's the competencies for one to consume the opposite. There's additionally the hazard of parasites or sickness from one killing the opposite. Then additionally the query of whether or not they also have the identical habitat within the wild. Snakes are rather satisfactory apartment singly. 6. I select to visit reptile suggests and speak with the breeders one on one. While speakme I am competent to infer who's a reliable breeder and who's giving me bullshit. You desire to head in (while you are capable to buy) having complete potential of the species you desire. Strike up a talk. Always ask: "Did you breed those?" considering the fact that plenty of individuals placed at the entrance that they did however then will admit they didn't. While it is not continually a given, I do select the individual promoting the animals has bred them, that means they have got potential on this species. A healthful snake is alert with transparent eyes (until losing) and a well weight. Once once more, you'll have got to recognise approximately the particular sort of snake you're in need of to buy. Don't do impulse buys. For instance, a ball python youngster may have a rounder frame than a pink tail boa hatchling. Something I continually ask individuals to bear in mind is the lifespans of those animals. Depending upon the species, you are watching at a dedication of 15-forty yrs. Reptile homeowners and creditors are promoting their animals like loopy, both no longer up for this or not able to manage to pay for to preserve their pets. Something to bear in mind, particularly involving holidays, institution, and so on.