promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

What do Dutch think of Asian?

Now i'm living in Netherland for a few months.i got weird looked by them.Sorry for my bad English.

Update:

Ik bedoel niet dat discriminatie of iets is , maar kijken ze wel iets vreemd. ik heb ook geen nederlands kennis of vrienden of zo .Daarom weet ik niet waarom ze zo kijken naar mij.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ik zou het niet weten maar iedereen start naar iedereen op een rare manier. Misschien is het omdat ze je niet goed kennen (als in, ze hebben je nog nooit gezien) of ze vinden het vaag dat je niet echt nederlandse vrienden heb en dus niet echt met anderen omgaat. Zoiets misschien?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Being Dutch I don't think Dutch look weird at Asians, at least that is not what my impression is walking down the streets in Netherlands. If you are realy short that can maybe attract some attention. But it doesn't have to be negative.

Walking as Dutchmen through streets of Japan certainly attracts some attention.

I had an Asian guy in my class in Netherlands, I did not get the impression that when we went out in the city he was seen or treated differently. As long as you speak Dutch and be open and straight forward. You need to take the effort to learn the language. Many foreigners in Netherlands tend to not learn Dutch and stick to English, but that will be a problem if you really want to be part of society.

If you don't take the effort to learn the language you will be considered a foreigner what ever race you are.

Source(s): Living in Netherlands
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

"What do all 24 million Dutch unifiiedly think about the 4.5 billions Asians (2 billion of whom are East Asian)"? Perhaps you should address your question to "the Dutch Council That Makes EVERYONE in the Netherlands Think The Same Way".

• 9 years ago

I'm Dutch and I don't think there's anything wrong with Asians :P

They're people, The Netherlands is inhabited with all kinds of people, I'm fine with it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

German- American here i strongly look up to Asians & respect them they are great people - People should look up to them as role models .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.