Why do people doubt things based on limited knowledge?

No actual evidence to suggest against, only limited knowledge. I could argue the same point in the opposite direction. Why do people accept things as safe with limited scientific knowledge (people who think sciences can explain everything are more coockoo than religious fanatics), and limited long term knowledge... show more No actual evidence to suggest against, only limited knowledge.

I could argue the same point in the opposite direction. Why do people accept things as safe with limited scientific knowledge (people who think sciences can explain everything are more coockoo than religious fanatics), and limited long term knowledge and understanding?
Update: Basically there are too many people doubting and believing based on limited knowledge.
Update 2: The alternative is close examination of all the facts, and understanding and accepting what we don't know. I am so tired of scientists telling me something is "safe" based on their limited knowledge. I'm tired of atheists telling me God doesn't exist because of their limited knowledge.
Update 3: Riot - I could give you 100 examples (easy) and "evidence" to support what I am saying, but apparently it would be wasted here.
Update 4: "Limited scientific knowledge...that's kind of confusing. Since nearly every modern scientific theory has overwhelming evidence to support it, which makes accepting it quite logical."

Funny that even the most accepted scientific theories can be and are proved wrong?
Update 5: "Most accepted scientific theories can be proved wrong" Very nice twisting of my words and misquoting me. What I actually said was "even the most accepted scientific theories can be and are proved wrong" Here is one example.... show more "Most accepted scientific theories can be proved wrong"

Very nice twisting of my words and misquoting me.

What I actually said was "even the most accepted scientific theories can be and are proved wrong"

Here is one example.

http://access.aasd.k12.wi.us/wp/baslerdale/2011/09/23/scientists-may-have-disproved-einsteins-theory/
Update 6: Well you did misquote me because that quote without the word before it made it appear out of context, which is a sly technique journalists and politicians use. I agree, I love facts to be proven and I accept them without a doubt. I believe in evolution, I believe in most if not all scientific theories. What... show more Well you did misquote me because that quote without the word before it made it appear out of context, which is a sly technique journalists and politicians use.

I agree, I love facts to be proven and I accept them without a doubt. I believe in evolution, I believe in most if not all scientific theories. What bothers me is when a pharmaceutical company and scientists say a drug is safe, when it has only just been created this year. How can anyone know the long term effects on the health, the brain etc?

Also about technologies like radiation, what if, BIG IF there was a certain type of radiation we are not currently aware of, that would make a lot of things radiating **** a lot more dangerous than what we think, based on scientific facts. This is what I am talking about when I talk about things scientist think are "safe".