A asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 years ago

what law school, chances?

Hi,

I went up since my first lsat. I will not be taking the lsat again. I'm finishing my personal statement, and I may write a diversity statement, although I am not a minority. Should I write a diversity statement? Why ____ school (to increase scholarship chances)? LSAT addendum (for the lsat/gpa split)?

I have a 3.9 gpa and 155 lsat. My resume is good (community service / law firm job / school judicial board).

Given that I will be applying within a couple of weeks and will definitely not be taking the lsat again, I am trying to figure out schools to apply to. I'm hoping to apply to some highly ranked schools that it appears I may have a chance to get into, some target schools, and some safety schools for money. Financials are a concern and big factor, and it seems that I can possibly get money to some decent schools or get into some pretty good state schools. Based on research and some of the predictor website combined with the above criteria (decent schools and price - scholarship money or state tuition), my list is very extensive which is frustrating.

Some of my extensive list with my thoughts (reach, target, money) are below. Do you agree with the schools/opinions? Do any other schools come to mind (mostly east coast)?

Thanks so much, I really apprecaite everyone's opinions.

U Miami (get in, probably no money)

Syracuse (get in, hoping for money, not sure how much)

Hofstra (get in, hoping for money, not sure how much)

St. Johns (probably get in, no money)

Cardozo (reach, maybe get in)

Fordham (reach, probably not get in)

New York Law (get in, money)

Brooklyn (reach, probably not get in)

SUNY Buffalo (hoping to get in, state tuition for me)

Quinnipiac (get in, hoping for money, school reputation seems bad)

University of Florida (seems like i may have chance of getting in, could try for state tuition since pretty easy)

California Berkley (reach, maybe can get in, state tuition possible but tough)

California Hastings (reach, maybe can get in, state tuition possible but tough)

UCLA (reach, maybe can get in, no money, state tuition possible but tough)

-Any other California state school (they all seem decent and possibly state tuition possible but tough)?

North Carolina (reach, maybe can get in, try for state tuition but not too easy)

Maryland (maybe can get in, try for state tuition but not too easy)

Florida State (probably can get in, probably state tuition)

Florida Coastal (get in, money, doesn't seem like great school)

Albany (get in, no money, safety school)

Penn State (seems like I can get in, maybe some money? maybe try for state tuition, not sure if PA is difficult?)

Northeastern (seems like I can get in, not sure about money)

Villanova (slight reach, no money)

Rutgers (seems like I can get in, state tuition doesn't seem hard to get)

University Connecticut (seems like I can get in, not sure if CT state tuition is difficult?)

*Two very reaches that may be worth a chance, no money

-NYU

-Northwestern

Thanks again.

Favorite Answer

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who does right is righteous, as he is righteous.

He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning.

The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him,

and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

By this it may be seen who are the children of God,

and who are the children of the devil:

whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother.

Source(s): I AM

Your activities seem fantastically good, rather won't harm you whilst in comparison with different applicants, and loads of of the colleges you're finding at will in all probability seem favorably on your status as a 1st technology American. As for the prepare LSAT, maximum of my friends suggested they scored approximately 5-10 factors decrease on the actual element, yet even assuming you score a a hundred and seventy, that would positioned you on the backside 25% for Harvard and Yale, interior the selection for the different Ivies, and above the merely right 75% for ND. So even however a a hundred and seventy is a super score, for many of those faculties this is par for the path at merely right. for example, listed below are the 25%-75% LSAT stages on the colleges you listed: NYU 169-173 Columbia 169-174 Notre Dame 164-167 Harvard a hundred and seventy-one hundred seventy five Yale a hundred and seventy-177 Duke 167-a hundred and seventy Cornell 166-168 Penn 166-171 on the minus side, your GPA, 3.5 poli sci at Fordham, is rather unlikely to do you any favors at those merely right faculties: Harvard's GPA selection is something like 3.seventy 3 to 3.ninety 4. yet, as we the two understand, there is extra to admissions than merely measurable stats. If those are the colleges you're shooting for, save training that LSAT, and locate some thank you to play up your ethnicity on your guy or woman fact. merely right of luck.