Untitled asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

If i mix conditioner in blonde hair dye will it make it lighter?

I want a kind of white blonde hair color but the dye i have a not quite light enough. I know mixing conditioner in colored dyes (purple, red, blue etc) makes them a paler color, so If i mix a little conditioner in the blonde will it make it lighter?

My hair is already a medium/light blonde color by the way.

• Benzin
    Favorite Answer

No, when you mix conditioner with a semi permanent color it dilutes the color so it doesn't appear as vibrant. When you mix conditioner with a permanent blonde hair color it dilutes the color so it won't do anything to your hair and you have a ruined batch of dye. I sincerely doubt that you are going to get the color you want by using a permanent dye. Most people can't get to platinum blonde by using a permanent color. Most people have to use bleach. I would suggest that you not try to do this yourself since you seem to suffer from a fundamental lack of understanding about how hair color products work. I'm not trying to be cruel, I'm just giving you honest advice so you don't ruin your hair.

Source(s): Cosmetologist

possibly yes. but the longer you leave the dye in your hair the more effective it can be. (: