promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Cameron asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why is there 380 different shampoo brands in America, but only 2 political parties?

We call it freedom of choice. There is an illusion of choice. Americans are led to feel free through the exercise of meaningless choices. There are only two political parties. There is a reduction of the number of media companies. Banking has been reduced to only a handful of banks. Oil companies. These are important, and you’re given very little choice.

Oh, but the flavor of jellybeans? The flavor of muffins? A bagel? You can get a Pina Colada bagel. We’re given the illusion of choice by the meaningless of choices of trivial things. You know what your freedom of choice in America is? Paper or plastic, buddy? That’s it. After you’ve said cash or charge, maybe it’s Pepsi or Coke? Window or Aisle? Smoking or No?. Everything else you’re kinda guided towards by focus groups and marketing research.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Out of those 380, how many are made by proctor and gamble ?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The way the electoral college is set up helps to perpetuate the "two" party scam for starters. Then there is the plutocracy or oligarchy, whichever you prefer.

Look at the Fanjul brothers, the sugar tycoons of the everglades. They make a fortune because our government makes sure that sugar prices are 20 cents higher per pound than any other sugar. Who do these guys contribute to? One brother funds the democrats, the other funds the republicans, yet they both make money off of the same scam.

Americans are avoiding their inevitable responsibility if in fact they do want to be free of this. The mega rich are not going to respond to "pretty please."

• 8 years ago

Good point!

If shampoos were like political choices it wouldn't want to wash my hair often.

Everytime I go shopping for shampoo I'd be thinking, which of these two current shampoos looks less awful.

Oh gosh, this month it's the choice between organic slimy slug shampoo and conditioner in 1, or a mixture of old soap and hydrochloric acid.

• 8 years ago

I guess there are a lot of parties out there but only the two major ones get noticed. Like that one saying goes, "the majority is always right." Why should people bother fighting against well known parties that have many supporters whereas they only have a few and are still growing. This just discourages them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • steuck
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

many countries have governments of proportional representation. to illustrate, under considered one of those prepare if the TotallyWackedOut occasion gained ten p.c. of the votes, they might get carry of ten p.c. of the seats in that usa's Parliament or Congress. under the U. S. shape it incredibly is 'winner take all'. Thereby leaving a minor political occasion with out seated representatives. additionally, the top events tend to assimilate third events which benefit some acceptance.

• 8 years ago

Because some days I want volume, others I want a nice shine, some times the moisture is being harsh, etc....

Lv 5
    8 years ago

Because there's only one argument- How much should the government be involved?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Not all small things are trivial. But I get your point.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There's hundreds of parties.

• 8 years ago

what's up between politic and shampoo ?!?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.