Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

Help on railroads assignment in history?

We are supposed to be a fake character that travels from New York City to Seattle in some early time of the railroads (idk exactly what year)... but we have to list 4 historical facts about two cities en route... (of that time period: population, largest city in ___ area, home of ____, where they ____, etc.)

I don't know what the route is, it didn't say in the book, and I need to do the assignment tonight. I go to online school so I can't just ask in class....

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Look at a USA map and you can choose a route that passes through some major cities. Without looking at a map, I know that Chicago Illinois and Denver Colorado lie between New York City and Seattle.

CHICAGO

#1 nicknamed The Windy City

#2 largest city in Illinois and in the Midwest

#3 home of President Barrack Obama

#4 borders Lake Michigan

DENVER

#1 nicknamed the Mile High City because it's average elevation is exactly 5,280 feet

#2 largest city in Colorado

#3 founded during a gold rush when gold was discovered there in 1858

#4 silver was discovered there about 20 years later that lead to a silver rush

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.