Dog chewed up book, need help.?

Ok, so I was doing homework for my English class and I had left my room for a few minutes to go upstairs.. And when I came back the worst thing imaginable happened, my dog was sitting on my bed, chewing up my book. I know I should not have left her alone with it, but it happened and I cannot change what happened.... show more Ok, so I was doing homework for my English class and I had left my room for a few minutes to go upstairs.. And when I came back the worst thing imaginable happened, my dog was sitting on my bed, chewing up my book. I know I should not have left her alone with it, but it happened and I cannot change what happened. So now I need help, I am not sure how to tell my teacher what happened and to be honest I am quite scared. I can pay for the book if I need to but I just feel like he is going to be mad still. He had told us to be careful with the books and I was, but then this unfortunate event happened. Like I said I am pretty nervous to tell him and also a little embarrassed, and I need the book for class tomorrow... Any advice or your own stories that are similar will make me feel better and help ALOT. Thank you to those who answer :D

~Animal Kingdom

Note: My parents can send me in with a note or something or call if that would help... And I can go see the guidance counselor and talk to him.
Update: I feel like the teacher already dislikes me.. That's mostly why I am nervous. Any advice for what to tell him? like how to start the conversation concerning the book?