Did you watch any movies recently?

If so, would you mind giving your thoughts on them?

My movie watching usually stops altogether during the week, but I managed to squeeze one in today. And I watched a film on Sunday.

Amadeus - One of the best biopics I've ever seen. It helped put Milos Forman in my top ten favorite directors list, and it even made me a bit more open-minded, because it's something I never would have even considered watching before.

Louis C.K: Hilarious - This was my introduction to Louis C.K.'s stand up, and it was...well, hilarious. This is easily the best stand up comedy film I've ever seen.

BQ: Next five films you're planning to watch, and expectations?

BQ2: Does Louis C.K. have any other good specials?

• Donny
    Best Answer

In the past week I watched Hugo in theaters, and Brazil and Super 8 at home.

Hugo- you know my thoughts

Brazil- re-established itself as one of my favorite movies of all time

Super 8- didn't live up to my expectations. the whole alien thing was ridiculous, not horrible though

BQ- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Station Agent, The Visitor, Beginners, X Men First Class

BQ2- Louis CK is the greatest stand up comedian of all time. His "Live at the Beacon Theater" one came out about a month ago. I bought it, and plan on watching it this weekend

https://buy.louisck.net/purchase

Chewed Up and Shameless are also great, and so is his FX TV show

• V

Well I have seen a few films recently, but I'll list the last three.

1) "Natural Born Killers"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110632/

This film didn't meet the incredibly high expectations that I had installed in my mind about the movie before I viewed it. The movie was actually pretty good however, I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. It had it's flaws and was fairly surreal and a bit disturbing at times. Woody Harrelson gave an amazing performance as did Juliette Lewis, Robert Downey Jr. made me rethink and change my mind on his acting as he did give a well done performance within the movie. Overall it was entertaining, dark, surreal and fairly brutal at times but still a great movie.

2) "Zombieland"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156398/

This film has and always will be a favorite of mine. I bought it last week and it was well worth it, it delivers a lot of laughs and has it's plot well written with stellar performances by all of the actors involved, even those with smaller roles which in turn makes me give this movie 9 out of 10. A movie which I would recommend to anyone who is a fan of either horror or comedy.

BQ:

1. "Blood Diamond". I rented this due to Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Connelly being in this movie so I have some pretty high expectations or it. I've seen a bit of it on tv in the past so I already kind of know the ending for it which is disappointing but I still want to watch the whole thing as it does look promising.

2. "The Godfather". I finally decided to bring myself to give this movie a chance. I'm not really that excited about it since it is three hours long and that is a bit of a turn off, but then again if it is as entertaining and thrilling as my favorite movies are then I'm sure I'll enjoy it. My expectations of this aren't that high, it just seems to look like another movie that I'll come and go by, but I might be wrong.

3. "The Shawshank Redemption". Unfortunately for me, I can't find this movie in the video store so I can't seem to rent it. However I do plan on watching it in the near future if I do manage to get my hands on it. I expect something really good from this movie, something that will blow me away as it is #1 on IMDB's top 250. It's a movie that I think will entertain me and have me wanting more each second.

4. "Se7en". Another movie that I can't seem to get my hands on at the video store. I also can't buy it since I'm 3 years under the legal age limit of R18+. I expect something really amazing from this film, it has had a lot of acclaim by those who have seen it and from critics.

5. "Schindler's List". Another film that due to it's length has turned me away from it for quite a while. I expect something really touching and amazing from this film due to the acclaim that it has received, I'll probably be watching it next week and the film looks as if it could be really good.

BQ2: Never seen a Louis C.K. film, sorry :(

It's not a new movie, but I bought it a couple of days ago, and I watched it : Pride and prejudice. It's like the greatest movie ever. I love the story and the characters and especially the period of time (I so should have been born in the 1780s :P) As for the new movies I watched and really liked, I'd say Slumdog millionaire as well, and Curious case of benjamin button!! Oh and for the girls He's just not that into you =)

About a week ago, I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it was phenomenal. I definitely want to see the foreign version and read the book series. The actors were great. The movie is graphic, but interesting and detailed.

I just watched Last Night, Tombstone, and Scarface. All very good.. The next 5 all retro Our Town, Last Summer, The Big Fix, and Going Places(check them out at imdb.com). The last three were kinda controversial, and I've never seen them before.

I've watched 1 in the last month. Apollo 18. I kinda found it boring. There just on a moon with a alien with them. Nothing really scary.