Is Jesus god or God? Capital G or not?

1) Is Jesus God/god with a capital G or not? I mean you call the father as God with a capital G. And you call Jesus the Son with a capital S. But do you call Jesus God with a capital G? Is that not the belief of the trinity that all three persons are one God?

2) Does not the trinity entail that Jesus has equal power as the Father? But didn't Jesus say that the father is greater than I? And did he not say that there is no one good but God? He also did not create us and he does not know the day of judgement. So how can he be equal in power.

I want to worship the one who created me because he gave me my life which I love. So I should worship only the Father right? Please give me your response. Thank you.

Peace.

@James 3.10 Thanks. But I think it's a tad unfair that you just answer the part which you like. If grammar does not matter, then Jesus can be called son of God or must he be called Son of God (in the bible, it is the latter so I think grammar does matter)

@janes Thanks. However, I was a bit put off at your own interpretation of the bible. When he says I am he, he meant the messiah not God. Christians scholars have said, according to the Greek words, that Jesus was essentially saying "I am who I am". Even your other quotes like there are three that bear witness in heaven. That verse was abrogated and removed from the bible. I think you should stay away from the KJB, honestly.

@ Gary B. Interesting analogy. However, I think it doesn't quite match with the concept of trinity. I guarantee you if you take that analogy to the church, it will be considered heresy. I've read books of people before who used better analogies then you, philosophers, and they were treasoned for heresy.

Favorite Answer

The trinity is a false doctrine according to bible scripture.

Jesus himself said in John 14:28 that his Father is greater then him and in John 10:29 he said again his Father is greater then all. Jesus also said that he can do nothing of himself that it's the Father that does all the works through him. in John 8:28 and John 14:10.

1 Cor 15:27-28 For he (God) hath put all things under his (Jesus) feet. But when he (God) saith all things are put under him, (Jesus) it is manifest that he (God) is excepted, which did put all things under him (Jesus)

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. (

Mark 13:32 Jesus said he did not know the time of the end . Only his Father knows.

Mark 10;40 Jesus did not have the authority to give permission but said only his Father has that authority.

Jesus said his Father is his God (Jn 20:17 & Matt 27:46) and the ONLY true God (Jn 17:3) In Rev 3:12 Jesus also said he has a God. The bible tells us God created everything and Jesus was Gods' first creation (Rev 3:14, Col 1:15), then through Jesus God created the world. The created one is never equal to the creator Himself as the anointed one is always lesser then the one doing the anointing. Jesus is the anointed of God. (acts 10:38)

Phil 3:3 says to Worship only God and rejoice in Christ. (they are two separate individuals)

Jesus is called a mighty god(small g) in Isa 9:6 and also called a god in Heb rews 1:8 but in Hebrews 1:9 it says that Jesus has a God. God is an almighty God (Big G) while Jesus is a mighty god (small)

• Jase

The Trinity is easy to establish in scripture

1 Father X 1 Son X 1 Holy Spirit = 1 God

1X1X1=1

Deuteronomy 32:39 KJV God said I am

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill , and I make alive ; I wound , and I heal : neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

John 8:24 KJV Jesus said I am

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus said: if you do not believe I AM you will die in your sin (of unbelief), which means, you will be rejected at judgment. Its important to believe on who Jesus said who he is. He clearly claimed to be God Almighty himself. If you reject this then you will die in your sins. He made this very clearly.

The truth is the father, son and holy spirit is Almighty God.

If you reject this then you reject Almighty God

Jesus claimed to be the I am of the old testament.

The Bible teaches that God is one God in three distinct persons: God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. This teaching is commonly known as the Trinity - Meaning that God is a "tri-unity" or "three in one." Now let me make it clear that Christians do NOT believe in three Gods. Nor does the bible teach that God is one person who appears in three forms or modes, which is an error. Throughout the concept that God is one God in three distinct persons may be difficult for us to grasp, it is what the scripture clearly teaches.

One God, Three Persons

First, the Bible teaches that God is one

Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear , O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Isaiah 45:22

Look unto me, and be ye saved , all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

The Bible clearly teaches that there are not three Gods, but one true God. However, Scripture also teaches that there are a plurality of persons in the Godhead.

God the Father is

God - Phil 1:2

Creator - Gen 1:1

Eternal - Psalm 90:2

God the Son is

God - John 1:1; Romans 9:5; Col 2:9; Tit 2:13; Heb 1:5-13

Creator - John 1:3, Col 1:16

Eternal - John 8:58; Ex 3:14

God the Holy Spirit is:

God - Acts 5:3-4

Creator - Job 33:4, Job 26:13

Eternal - Heb 9:14

This teaching that all three persons in the triune Godhead are One God but three distinct persons, is seen throughout scripture:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. (John 1:1-2)

we are told here that Jesus Christ - The Word of God- was "with God" in the beginning. If I said, "I am with my wife," you would not think I was saying that "I am my wife." In the same way, we can clearly see a distinction in John 1:1 between the Father and the Son. However, John also tells us that the Word "was God," so clearly He is the same God while at the same time being a distinct and separate person.

1 John 5:7 KJV

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 1:1 KJV Jesus is the Word

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

http://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witne...

• Gary B

Jesus is referred to as God.

The Trinity does NOT imply that Jesus, God, and The Holy Spirit are EXACTLY equal in all ways, but they DO have equal importance.

Look at yourself:

You have a body that most of us would know is you after only one meeting. After only a few minutes, any one of us could identitify you as you walked down the street.

You have a SOUL, a personality, that, with a little experience, we could learn to recognize is you without even seeing you. Like a Ham radio Operator can identify a friend by his "fist" (how he taps the Morse Signal key),we can identify you by what you say and how you say it, even though you might be on the other end of a telephone or computer screen

You have a lifeforce that none of us can identify, but we DO know that if you take that lifeforce away, "you" are gone, too!

So, which part is "you"? Which part is "greater", wich is "lesser". YOU ARE A TRINITY (made in God's Image). Take away the lifeforce and the body dies and the soul disappears. Destroy the body and the lifeforce leaves and the soul disappears. take away the soul . . . uhhh, what DOES that leave? I have NEVER seen anyone without a soul. Even zombies react to their environment is a predictable way! I guess we COULD argue that, of the three, maybe the soul is the "most prominent"???

So it is with God. God the Father is the "soul". Can't put it in a bottle, but you sure can tell when God talks to you! you WILL know it is Him, even when He is invisible.

Jesus is God the Physical Manifestation. Jesus is God Made Flesh. Jesus is the Mind of God placed into a Human body. Of course, humans have a distinct limitation of a rather small brain (compared to God), so Jesus' brain can't hold EVERYTHING God knows, and Jesus often had to pray to God the Father for advice and understanding. "Hey Dad! I don't know what to do!! TELL ME, and I will do it!"

The Holy Spirit is that part of God that we are missing at birth. When we are born we can do only what humans can do -- we learn, we stand, we stumble, we fall, we eat eat, drink, urinate, defacate, we do what the other animals do. But there is a "hole" in us that NEEDS to be filled with the Holy Spirit. With the Holy Spirit, we can do Godly things. When the Holy Spirit reaches us, we WANT to do what GOD wants us to do. He wants some to heal, he wants some to preach, he wants some to show compassion, or mercy, or kindess or agape love. Part of being a Christian is discovering what GOD wants you to do.

Like YOU are not complete without a soul, a body, and a life force, God is not completel with out God the Father, Jesus the man, and the Holy Spirit. All are important, inextricable parts of the same thing. One cannot exist without the other two.

So, to worship God you do what He says. And God said this:

"This is my son, whom I love. LISTEN TO HIM!"

God's Son, Jesus, says:

"I am the way, the truth,. and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

So, to worship God you listen to Jesus, and you allow the Holy Spirt to live within you. The end result is that you WILL BE WITH GOD at the end of your days.

Jesus Christ is God because He lived a sinless life. He lived a sinless life because He is God Almighty in the flesh. Being sinless is a characteristic that is only available to God. Therefore, Jesus Christ is God. We know that Jesus Christ is God through a historical account because of the fulfilled Old Testament prophecy. There is a prophecy in the Old Testament that states that if the Jews (Israelites) rejected God (Jesus Christ) they will be exiled from their land. In 70 AD, about 37 years after rejecting Jesus Christ, the Jews were exiled by the Roman Empire.

Most Christians don't even know their gods name. They call him God as a name so it is capitalized although it is more of a title or classification both of which would be lower case. By the way for you Christians out there your god actually has a freaking name, it is YHWH is Hebrew. It is pronounced Yahweh.

To pagans and polytheists Jesus is _a_ god. For Christians he is God. Trinity has nothing to do with grammar.

• Rikard

Jesus, god, and God are all the same. They are all fictional creations from the human imaginations.