Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Thanks for not answering fellow mormons.. Yahoo answers sucks why cant you answer this?

I can recall that for four months I masturbated and I never told my

bishop.. Is this something i should tell or should I confess or should I keep it

to myself?.. I dont want to go to a lower kingdom when die.. Does it

matter anymore?

I repented to god I remember that.. Has the holy spirit been in me because

of that or not

Favorite Answer

Personal problems need to stay personal. If you don't want to talk to your bishop, then don't bother asking us. You already know the answer.

• rac

Generally speaking, masturbation is a sin that will deprive you of the spirit and needs to be cleared with your bishop because it does affect your worthiness to partake of the sacrament and/or go to the temple. If this is well into the past and you have changed your ways and are no longer afflicted in your conscience because of it, then you are probably okay. However, the very fact that it bothers you enough to write about it on here tells me that this past sin does still bother you enough to go tell your bishop as well. You will be forgiven and feel the sweet return of the spirit assuring you that you are headed the right direction. I think that this is still current enough that you can tell your bishop that you had this problem, that you knew it was wrong so you stopped and will never do it again and that you just needed to clear your conscience by telling him so that you could get it off your chest, so to speak. I think you and your bishop will both be pleased that you did confess to him.

Best wishes.

Source(s): my experienced LDS opinion

I was a bishop for 5 years. Here are some principles:

1. Sexual sins vary in severity ranging from bad thoughts to adultry. Masturbation is a very common indescretion. It causes feelings of shame and guilt. Though it is not the worst crime, missionaries should be free of it before serving.

2. Major offenses or things that are difficult to overcome should be confessed to the bishop.

3. While it is important to confess some things to the bishop, it is also important to not hang out all our dirty laundry for others to see. Many things should be kept to yourself.

4. Satan places doubt, fears and feelings of "what if" in our hearts to distract us. This is probably what you are feeling now. You are afraid to talk to the bishop but "what if" you will not be forgiven if you don't?

Here is what I suggest. I have no priesthood keys so it is only my opinion. If the problem is in the past, seek inspiration on what to do. This is done by looking beyond doubts, fears and "what if" feelings. The spirit is just behind these. It takes courage. It is very tempting to hang onto and analyze our fears but it serves no purpose and is a distraction by Satan who wants you to feel guilty. If you have sincerely put this problem away and you can find your conscience beyond the doubts, I suspect it will tell you to just forget about it. By doing this, you can learn to trust the spirit. Christ is very merciful to those who repent. He is not a hard task master who will punish you by making you jump through hoops.

If you cannot let it go, then talking to your bishop will put it ot rest. Don't continue to carry this weight. I assure you that the bishop is totally understanding of this.

Ignore the Atheists; they don't know what they are talking about.

Talk to your Bishop. Sexual sins are serious, though masturbation is less serious than sins that involve another person. Until you have seen him, do not take the sacrament.

After you have confessed, the Bishop will tell you what you need to do to be forgiven. There is a good chance that you will feel forgiven immediately. However, the burden of this sin cannot be lifted without confession.

It is scary to think about telling someone else about your secret sin. But you must - and you will be glad you did!

i answered,

and yes you should confess to the bishop. because the bishop has the keys to pray over his people and remit sins. because he is the ordained shepherd of all those that follow him.

did someone delete my answer

as for answering mormon type questions, i can speak for myself i dont always see them.

but i answer almost everyone of them, if i can

i may not have the best answer everytime.

but there are those that are Return Missionaries who know not to answer "stupid" and contentious question, im not saying your question is stupid.

however, there is a teaching which says dont cast pearls before swine, and one of the prophets has said this is casting scriptures before unbelievers.

but congratulations on not masturbating for 3 years.

Let me clue you in on a secret: everyone masturbates. Cross my heart. The ones who say they don't are liars or just plain weird. Either way, don't trust them.

Fellow morons?oh sorry mormons.

dude... DONT WORRY ABOUT IT......

Source(s): Latter Day Saint....... Take your meds

Because, really, there's nobody here but us atheists. I'm going to sing the DOOM song, now:

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

EDIT: Hi, Fireball!!!