Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

Poll:Most clever people are normally socially retarded?

True or false.

Update:

@уєℓℓσω

Did i say i agreed?

Nope.

So don't say what you don't know.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

False.

Clever people normally have interesting friends etc and go out all the same but not as much as some as they normally have a more demanding occupation,

Stupid people normally have stupid friends they made by bullying, drinking etc and they go out all the time as they don't have a care in the world. This could make these idiots seem more sociable.

You can have a much better and interesting conversation with a clever person than you can an idiot.

Source(s): 30 yrs of life
  • 9 years ago

Honestly, the idea has a little merit--a small kernel of truth to it--but it's really a little more sneaky or subtle than that.

The idea is that the brain's like any other part of the body. There's only so many calories, nutrients, and neuro-transmitters to go around. Limited resources, basically. So someone could argue that if you use (for example) all of your serotonin on short-term memory and concentration (willpower things) that you'll then not have anything left for mood control purposes (getting along with other people).

Catch is: There's at least eight or nine different ways to be intelligent or clever, and at least three, maybe four different ways to be sociable (depending on your temperament). It isn't a straight-forward tug of war--it's more like a spider's web, if you pull one thing it spreads out in multiple directions on the others.

So all you can say really is: How sociable and what sort of intelligence? Yes, having too much of an open mind can lead your brains to fall out--too much openness leading to poor discipline. But that's just one example and one relationship that really might not apply to most people.

• Molly
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

False

• fryer
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i'm pretty lots an identical way. yet i've got discovered a coping approach these days. i've got found out that the social interactions you're compelled into and don't desire to be in will pass quite quickly interior of a few hours at maximum, then it quite is lost in time, and all is forgotten. you progression on and on the tip of the day you have your privateness. i pass directly for human beings's pets, too! A puppy can sort of act as an ice breaker. human beings like it once you're taking a liking to their pets, and there is often some small communicate that follows. each physique else has their fears and rigidity, and in case you're around talkative human beings, it quite is greater desirable reason you are able to in basic terms pay attention and nod, and pretend to have an interest and ask a pair questions. on occasion after a social stumble upon with lots of folk it feels sturdy to take a bathtub and wash it off.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

False.

• 9 years ago

False.

Look at the politicians in our country. You don't get there by being an idiot or a social outcast.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

True-ish

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

False...not socially "retarded" but rather socially awkward or inept. Like myself, to an extent.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

False, clever people are usually socially savvy.

• 9 years ago

false

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.