Solar and wind setup question? Grid tie invertor vs AC/DC Converter?

Basically its really hard to find a diy project on solar or wind that goes from start to finish. All I am basically looking for is what to buy. I hear grid tie inverter is the one you can plug into an outlet. Basically I am looking for a setup that will allow me to run solar panels and wind turbine into our power... show more Basically its really hard to find a diy project on solar or wind that goes from start to finish. All I am basically looking for is what to buy. I hear grid tie inverter is the one you can plug into an outlet. Basically I am looking for a setup that will allow me to run solar panels and wind turbine into our power grid via a wall outlet. I saw this on ebay and am trying to figure what the difference between the grid tie inverter and the ac/dc converter? Can i just get an ac to dc and plug it into the wall? Would that work and help to lower electricity bill?

Any help appreciated

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STACKABLE-POWER-INVERTER-2500-5000-W-24V-DC-240V-AC-/390378690740?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae46218b4#ht_6875wt_1270
Update: Technically I just read that if its UL/CE Certified you are covered under insurance if the house burns down and that if its island ready or what not during a power outage it won't hurt the guys trying to fix the power. The last answer was good but now solid.
1 answer 1