What do I have to do to move to canada and become a citizen?

I'm a US citizen. I want to move to Canada. Can I transfer colleges? I attend a California university. if I transfer can I gain residency?

4 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

    If you complete your higher education at a Canadian university and gain work experience in Canada, you can put that towards Canadian Experience Class Immigration:

    Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.a...

    Info on study permits and work permits - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp

    And about what the other person said about higher fees:

    Canadian colleges and universities are subsidized by government here.

    Because of this, foreign students pay more than Canadian citizens do for higher education.

    However, those fees are cheaper than what US schools charge so it's actually a bargain.

    Hope that helps and best wishes to your future success!

  • 8 years ago

    You can study in Canada as an International student. You pay about double fees, so it is expensive. You can only work for pay within limits too.

    You need to check with any university you are interested in. Canadian universiity degrees are four years and there are no associate degrees.

  • The gov't website link on immigration down below is a good start.

  • 8 years ago

    as a student you do not qualify to immigrate to Canada, you can however get a student visa to study there but will pay international student fees

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.