Your opinion on this subject?

Hi everyone. In advance I would like to say thank you for taking the time to answer my question and answer with your honest (but kind) opinion. (I know it is long but please I just need your opinion!) I am 13 years old (almost 14) and I honestly truly think I could be 'in love.' Call me dumb, immature, a... show more Hi everyone. In advance I would like to say thank you for taking the time to answer my question and answer with your honest (but kind) opinion. (I know it is long but please I just need your opinion!)

I am 13 years old (almost 14) and I honestly truly think I could be 'in love.' Call me dumb, immature, a whore, stupid, etc. Whatever you want but hear me out first.

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost half a year now (I know, not very long but keep reading). We are both very mature, smart, caring for everyone around us, kind, and outgoing people. He is older then me (I know not ideal but it is worth a shot). We both come from a strong, loving family, who support both of us in whatever we do. We both have the same values and beliefs although his are stronger then mine (we are Christian).

I am not going to say I am in love with him or that I want to be with him forever because we haven't been together long enough to determine that yet. I honestly think, if everything goes right between us that we could actually fall head over heels for one another.

BUT, everyone is always telling me, you can't be in love, you won't fall in love with him. You are 13 years old and he is 17!
Now I know this is their opinion, which they have a right to share, but do you honestly think they are going to be right? They don't know me, nor do they know him.

What are your opinions? Do you think that we have ANY chance what-so-ever, or do you think we are just a couple of kids in a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship?
~Kalli:)

Oh and by the way:

I have always been the type to look at other boys and think they are cute, handsome, date-able, etc. But since I have met him, I haven't done that even once! I don't know if that matters at all, but I think it means a little something.