Doesn't mixing religion and politics discredit people and religions?

Now, you may be familiar with an earlier question Question I had.

"What would Jesus do about the Bush tax cuts?"

The reason I asked the question and gave the best answer to a bible quote was partially for humor. Mostly because I wanted to call attention to the fact that Democrats can also use Religion to support their political beliefs. Part of me thinks the Democratic party should do this more often to show Republicans what it feels like.

Another part of me thinks that fox news would be bitching about people taking the word of God out of context then claiming what those verses of the Bible are "actually" saying. Next thing we know, we have both sides distorting the meaning of the Bible for their own personal gains. The last thing we need is another wave of Bible Humpers.

Yes, I said Bible HUMPER. Not Bible READER. Not Bible FOLLOWER. Not THUMPER but one T removed so to point out how these people might as well be getting off by sticking the pages together because they only have their own selfish agendas that are securing their places in Hell by perverting something that is said to be purely good.

BTW

Just to be clear, neither Christ nor Christianity drive me away from accepting Christianity. It's the Christians who give their faith a bad name that make me embarrassed to think of myself considering going to church, reading the Bible, or praying.

Favorite Answer

Doesn't mean people should hide their religion but to be honest I think God doesn't care who wins the election, he has a plan and there is nothing we can do to change it. Don't mistake this for laziness, people get way to worked up about politics. In the end its our opinions and we shouldn't bring God into it. God's opinions are probably a lot different from your opinions or my opinions. I hope my comment helped.

Source(s): I am a christian and a conservative (not republican) and think that we should keep the two separate. God doesn't have a Mitt Romney sign in his yard.
  • molly

Yes it does and when I saw rally of so-called Christians supporting Bush's invasion of Iraq so that Armageddon comes sooner rather than later .

I thought to myself these people are dangerous and should be locked in Gitmo.with all the other religious fanatics.

Don't blame anyone but YOURSELF for not wanting to accept Christ. 'Christians who give their faith a bad name' is just a crappy, cop out. Humans and NOT perfect, Jesus WAS. So rant on my friend.

So when Jesuits are arrested for antiwar demonstrations, you feel it is best that they had left their superstitious moral code by the way side?

• Person

IT should but doesn't in America

yes that is one reason the GOP will never get anywhere