Doesn't mixing religion and politics discredit people and religions?

Now, you may be familiar with an earlier question Question I had. "What would Jesus do about the Bush tax cuts?" The reason I asked the question and gave the best answer to a bible quote was partially for humor. Mostly because I wanted to call attention to the fact that Democrats can also use... show more Now, you may be familiar with an earlier question Question I had.

"What would Jesus do about the Bush tax cuts?"

The reason I asked the question and gave the best answer to a bible quote was partially for humor. Mostly because I wanted to call attention to the fact that Democrats can also use Religion to support their political beliefs. Part of me thinks the Democratic party should do this more often to show Republicans what it feels like.

Another part of me thinks that fox news would be bitching about people taking the word of God out of context then claiming what those verses of the Bible are "actually" saying. Next thing we know, we have both sides distorting the meaning of the Bible for their own personal gains. The last thing we need is another wave of Bible Humpers.

Yes, I said Bible HUMPER. Not Bible READER. Not Bible FOLLOWER. Not THUMPER but one T removed so to point out how these people might as well be getting off by sticking the pages together because they only have their own selfish agendas that are securing their places in Hell by perverting something that is said to be purely good.

BTW
Just to be clear, neither Christ nor Christianity drive me away from accepting Christianity. It's the Christians who give their faith a bad name that make me embarrassed to think of myself considering going to church, reading the Bible, or praying.