I just paid 423, after white boy discount, for a new radiator and engine diagnostic is that a fair price?

My check engine light was on and it overheated the other night. I went in and sure enough needed new radiator.

Correct it took them about 3 hours. The part was about 120 and the diagnostic was special at 59.99. The labor was the most expensive. Tired of putting all this money into this car though (97 Chrysler LHS). Gotta have a car though!

Favorite Answer

i don't think its unreasonable u are looking at min.2 hours for rad say 60-90 dollars an hour?an hour for diagnostic.drain fluids disposal fee,taxes then the cost of a rad.im sure it was not no 20.dollars.say 150 for rad total 429.00 minus your white boy discount total 423.00

that sounds like a real good price. Radiator, 4 gallons of antifreeze at 12.00 a gallon and labor.

Source(s): mechanic for 20+ yrs

You got a discount because you were white?