Martha emeline Russell ?

Looking up my ggggrandma Minerva Cowan ...b.1858 In abbeville sc ..listed as mulatto on census also...on her death record it says her father was a lance or vance McGee but there's none on census matching their age diff...but I have found a couple of my cousins trees on ancestry which say an Martha emeline... show more Looking up my ggggrandma Minerva Cowan ...b.1858 In abbeville sc ..listed as mulatto on census also...on her death record it says her father was a lance or vance McGee but there's none on census matching their age diff...but I have found a couple of my cousins trees on ancestry which say an Martha emeline Russell is her mother born in Randolph north carolina in 1840...Martha parents are Mary Polly Russell and eziekel russell.....I'm so confused on this tree Can someone with knowledge help me out ...
Update: Thanks biddy ...1880 Mary Ann Cowan age 5 is my great great grandmother ..things is alot of my cousin are even confused when they documented minerva's parent bc one of my cousins trees has Martha Russell as her mother then my other cousin has a european descent male lance or vance McGee and a Phillis as her... show more Thanks biddy ...1880 Mary Ann Cowan age 5 is my great great grandmother ..things is alot of my cousin are even confused when they documented minerva's parent bc one of my cousins trees has Martha Russell as her mother then my other cousin has a european descent male lance or vance McGee and a Phillis as her mother on Her death certificate ..take a look if you have the chance ...
Update 2: Thanks for posting more ...did you also see Minerva's death certificate.......and yeah not sure if Jerry clinckscale would have been the best source of information .....but I have a pic of Vance clinkscale son of dora Cowan and jerry clinkscale....this is Vance with his... show more Thanks for posting more ...did you also see Minerva's death certificate.......and yeah not sure if Jerry clinckscale would have been the best source of information .....but I have a pic of Vance clinkscale son of dora Cowan and jerry clinkscale....this is Vance with his wife...http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/244077_176188075769658_100001353993280_427652_8311036_o.jpg
My cousin is cora canvas daughter claims Minerva was part cherokee
2 answers 2