What question would you like to ask the Republican presidential candidates?

Yahoo! News and ABC News will host a Republican presidential debate on Saturday, January 7 in Manchester, NH. Here is your opportunity to ask the candidates your question. Let us know and we may include your question in the debate. You can also tweet your question to #NHdebate.

Make sure to check back and watch the debate on January 7 at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT on ABC News. We’ll provide the link.

Update:

Could you describe a circumstance in your life that represents an issue you would like the candidates to address?

3,428 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Thanks to everyone who asked/shared a question! Watch how candidates addressed some of the issues you raised.

In final New Hampshire debate, candidates go after Romney–very briefly

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/final-hampshire...

Yahoo! readers still unsure about Romney as frontrunner

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/yahoo-readers-s...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Those of us who work and pay for insurance are stuck as it dictates whether you can leave an employer or not…or where you might choose to work in the first place. Simply because you can’t take it with you. I had health insurance through an employer for five years and contributed to the premium. When I left the small company, I was referred by the same insurance company with the same provider's name on the card, only I was paying the whole premium. Anything that was treated under the employer's policy was now considered a pre-existing condition and no longer covered, though a premium had never been skipped. These were temporary ailments. It’s been four years with no problems and testing to prove it and the insurance company will not remove the riders. My only choice they said is to get a job with someone who has group insuand not the people of this country. You can count this question to be worth 10,000 +others. That's a given prediction.This wonderful country that we all love so dearly has been built on the backs of the less fortunate of its citizens, legal and illegal. Additionally, do you have any idea how much money it takes to bring a person over to the U.S.A. legally. The American people don't have a clue what it costs ... I know, we spent a fortune bringing my son's family (6 people) over from Mexico. The American people need to know and understand that there are charges, fees, etc etc for absolutely everything done by immigration except for the name change. People are of the belief that "illegal" aliens are taking a huge chunk of the "welfare" budget.

• 4 years ago

Simply because you can’t take it with you. I had health insurance through an employer for five years and contributed to the premium. When I left the small company, I was referred by the same insurance company with the same provider's name on the card, only I was paying the whole premium. Anything that was treated under the employer's policy was now considered a pre-existing condition and no longer covered, though a premium had never been skipped. These were temporary ailments. It’s been four years with no problems and testing to prove it and the insurance company will not remove the riders. My only choice they said is to get a job with someone who has group insuand not the people of this country. You can count this question to be worth 10,000 +others. That's a given prediction.This wonderful country that we all love so dearly has been built on the backs of the less fortunate of its citizens, legal and illegal. Additionally, do you have any idea how much money it takes to bring a person over to the U.S.A. legally. The American people don't have a clue what it costs ... I know, we spent a fortune bringing my son's family (6 people) over from Mexico. The American people need to know and understand that there are charges, fees, etc etc for absolutely everything done by immigration except for the name change. People are of the belief that "illegal" aliens are taking a huge chunk of the "welfare" budget.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Policies follow the individual? Insurance Companies blame state laws any time they can't do something, so apparently you candidates have the power to do something about this. Those of us who work and pay for insurance are stuck as it dictates whether you can leave an employer or not…or where you might choose to work in the first place. Simply because you can’t take it with you. I had health insurance through an employer for five years and contributed to the premium. When I left the small company, I was referred by the same insurance company with the same provider's name on the card, only I was paying the whole premium. Anything that was treated under the employer's policy was now considered a pre-existing condition and no longer covered, though a premium had never been skipped. These were temporary ailments. It’s been four years with no problems and testing to prove it and the insurance company will not remove the riders. My only choice they said is to get a job with someone who has group insu

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I was referred by the same insurance company with the same provider's name on the card, only I was paying the whole premium. Anything that was treated under the employer's policy was now considered a pre-existing condition and no longer covered, though a premium had never been skipped. These were temporary ailments. It’s been four years with no problems and testing to prove it and the insurance company will not remove the riders. My only choice they said is to get a job with someone who has group insuand not the people of this country. You can count this question to be worth 10,000 +others. That's a given prediction.This wonderful country that we all love so dearly has been built on the backs of the less fortunate of its citizens, legal and illegal. Additionally, do you have any idea how much money it takes to bring a person over to the U.S.A. legally. The American people don't have a clue what it costs ... I know, we spent a fortune bringing my son's family (6 people) over from Mexico. The American people need to know and understand that there are charges, fees, etc etc for absolutely everything done by immigration except for the name change. People are of the belief that "illegal" aliens are taking a huge chunk of the "welfare" budget.

• 4 years ago

Anything that was treated under the employer's policy was now considered a pre-existing condition and no longer covered, though a premium had never been skipped. These were temporary ailments. It’s been four years with no problems and testing to prove it and the insurance company will not remove the riders. My only choice they said is to get a job with someone who has group insuand not the people of this country. You can count this question to be worth 10,000 +others. That's a given prediction.This wonderful country that we all love so dearly has been built on the backs of the less fortunate of its citizens, legal and illegal. Additionally, do you have any idea how much money it takes to bring a person over to the U.S.A. legally. The American people don't have a clue what it costs ... I know, we spent a fortune bringing my son's family (6 people) over from Mexico. The American people need to know and understand that there are charges, fees, etc etc for absolutely everything done by immigration except for the name change. People are of the belief that "illegal" aliens are taking a huge chunk of the "welfare" budget.

• Jane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

This order was to start printing 1 and 5 dollar bills and removing the words " federal reserve note". Once these bills were printed, the Treasury was to start printing 10 and 20 dollar bills. Thirteen days later President Kennedy was assassinated. At once Lyndon Johnson started having the 1 and 5 dollar bills removed from circulation and stopped the printing of the other denominations. If elected, would you move or consider to eliminate the Federal Reserve and get our country back on track to have a currency that is backed by something other than people who have no interest in our country and our countries financial stability.There are far too many agencies doing the same or similar things. If you agree that government is, at bottom, a cost and, as such, should be contained, what will you do to reduce the amount pof government? Shuffling the cost around with pea and shell games like revenue sharing no longer works. What is needed is a reduction in the absolute size of government, including the military. Candidates going back to Reagan have talked about eliminating the Departments of Education, Energy and Commerce but all are still in operation and growing. When will it end?

• 5 years ago

A person for ex. could go to a county hospital and be trainned for becoming a nurse LVN, AT A VERY LOW COST. or a technical trade also. All I hear are lies on the problems of creating schooling on a level where a person could have a job that would support himself or family. Not once have i heard any canidate talk about this. Not one! !!! All they care about is there rich millionare and billionare friends, plus lobbists. I do not trust any of the other Republican canidates, because most of them would take our country to bottom of the pits. Which Geo. Bush almost did before Obama came into office and had to pickup the problems Bush had left. There is one person I would like to answer this problem, and that's Jon Huntsman, who could be a hopeful None of the other Republicans will ever see the garage door to the White House. The reason is, they are seeking power and self intersets., and not the people of this country. You can count this question to be worth 10,000 +others. That's a given prediction.This wonderful country that we all love so dearly has been built on the backs of the less fortunate of its citizens, legal and illegal. Additionally, do you have any idea how much money it takes to bring a person over to the U.S.A. legally. The American people don't have a clue what it costs ... I know, we spent a fortune bringing my son's family (6 people) over from Mexico. The American people need to know and understand that there are charges, fees, etc etc for absolutely everything done by immigration except for the name change. People are of the belief that "illegal" aliens are taking a huge chunk of the "welfare" budget.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

First I would like to see the Senators and Representative terms capped and no retirement offered. No retirement for the President either. For a decade we have asked government to work on our economic growth and for a decade all candidates have campaigned to promise to work on our economy. How many more years are we going to have to wait? Instead of being the worlds peace keeper in the God forsaken areas of the world bring it back home and work on our problems that are not much different than those around the world. Give us a candidate that does not sound like an idiot when they speak. I feel you have had too many debates attacking each other instead of maybe having a workshop like meeting to decide where the republican party should be headed. I hear a lot of I did this and that but in reality you are part of a bigger group so get over the I and lets start talking about the WE! Start making WE into we and reduce government, waste and special interest. If someone has something of worth then pursue it for its merit not because you get a kickback. We still remember the thousand dollar toilets and hammers.

• 4 years ago

When I left the small company, I was referred by the same insurance company with the same provider's name on the card, only I was paying the whole premium. Anything that was treated under the employer's policy was now considered a pre-existing condition and no longer covered, though a premium had never been skipped. These were temporary ailments. It’s been four years with no problems and testing to prove it and the insurance company will not remove the riders. My only choice they said is to get a job with someone who has group insurance. Thanks a lot, had I known in advance, it may have been very hard to leave and begin working for myself like I did. Where is the liberty in that? It is just plain wrong and could be remedied with something as simple as the insurance following the individual. Why can’t this be accomplished? I have heard enough about the uninsured and Medicare/Medicaid…what about us, the self employed and or working middle class? And what about a tax refund for the full amount of these premiums for the self employed?

• 5 years ago

Which Geo. Bush almost did before Obama came into office and had to pickup the problems Bush had left. There is one person I would like to answer this problem, and that's Jon Huntsman, who could be a hopeful None of the other Republicans will ever see the garage door to the White House. The reason is, they are seeking power and self intersets., and not the people of this country. You can count this question to be worth 10,000 +others. That's a given prediction.This wonderful country that we all love so dearly has been built on the backs of the less fortunate of its citizens, legal and illegal. Additionally, do you have any idea how much money it takes to bring a person over to the U.S.A. legally. The American people don't have a clue what it costs ... I know, we spent a fortune bringing my son's family (6 people) over from Mexico. The American people need to know and understand that there are charges, fees, etc etc for absolutely everything done by immigration except for the name change. People are of the belief that "illegal" aliens are taking a huge chunk of the "welfare" budget.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.